Sunday, January 13, 2008

Menu Plan for Jan. 14-20, 2007

sponsored by orgjunkie.com

Monday: Lemon chicken/ wild rice blend, fumi salad
Tuesday: Green chili enchilladas (frozen ahead)
Wednesday: Country Pie, veggies
Thursday: spaghetti and turkey meatballs
Friday: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fresh broccoli
Saturday (my birthday!): meal in a squash or chicken packets
Sunday: taco salad

As you can see, a lot of these meals were carry-overs from last week's recipes.  I guess that's OK, since we didn't waste any food.  The visit with Mom and Dad went well, even if we didn't make it into Chicago to visit any museums. 

 My dear husband returned from Moody Bible College and is going to be traveling again to Komsomolsk,  Siberia.  (I'm not joking!)  He works as an engineer for a company that makes pieces/parts for airplanes. (I have such advanced knowledge in this area)  Apparently, they need help with their new airplane.  Did you know that modern Siberia boasts of 3 people per square kilometer?  I guess with a family our size, we would need a 2.3 kilometers all to ourselves.  Homeschoolers!  Here's your chance! Spread out, conquer new land.  If the kids don't behave, send them to the Gulag.  Seriously, Wow.  Of all the cool places his company has ever sent him (France, London, Madrid, Singapore, Bankok, Hong Kong, Shaghai, Montreal, ) this is NOT one of them.  Even Moscow and Leningrad would be exciting, and I would hope he would venture to see the Bolshoi or the Kirov, if given the chance. This time,  he is.. well... going to appreciate my home-cooking... I think.  

Happy thoughts about Russian ballerinas...


2 comments:

annie said...

Happy Monday, great menu!
Be blessed!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

Natalie said...

Tuesday sounds great! I love green chili. :)