How to make a basic clean-out-the-fridge soup
(you were dying to know)
1. Start with a base: either chicken or beef broth or a cream/milk base
2. Decide what kind of meat to use or go vegetarian.
3. Choose your vegetables and spices based on that
4. Pick a rice OR pasta OR potato.
5. Add beans if desired
6. Depending on what is already cooked, add ingredients accordingly.
7. Be selective so it doesn't look like leftover mush.
8. Light the candles and dim the lights
In the above soup, I had chicken, chicken base broth, leftover baked potatoes and a lot of fresh veggies: mushrooms, onions, broccoli, and celery. It was good!