Monday, May 19, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday.. and great finds.

Happy Tuesday!!  It's a nice, brusk day in Northern Illinois, but I don't mind the cooler weather at all.  I'm happy for the sunshine.  Jo-with-it took this photo.  She has such a great eye! 

Tackle It Tuesday Meme
I don't have pictures of the laundry, organizing  or housework I did this week.  But I did start cooking a few more veggies when my DH got home from the UAE.  He brought 3 year old princess the cutest little stuffed pink camel.  She carries it around everywhere and calls it "Carla Camel".  So, what does a busy home-schooling family do when they are officially done with school for the year?  Well, the four olders are  starting blogs--just to document their daily stuff.  The robotdude is hoping for a driver's license this week.   I'm sure that will get some attention.  
I am taking in a few more exercise classes this week, since it's a "free" Tuesday.  But I know what you want to hear: the great finds!  O.K. These are top notch get-excited-about finds.




This sweet desk is just perfect for the preschool princess.  She loves it and pretends to do real school here.  Can you guess????   $2.00



This is one of those featherbed mattress covers for a twin sized bed.  Basically new.  $8.00.



This is a microwave for my dear Mom.  She told me to find her one, and here it is, MOM!
(you owe me.............$10.00)



And this is quite the gem also.  It's upside down in the photo, but it's a hanging cupboard/shelf with hooks underneath.  It's in GREAT shape.  $10.00!!  

That really isn't half the stuff, but I think I'll stop here.  

3 comments:

Minimalist Mommy said...

I absolutely love the last one. Wow you guys have some great spots and great prices. We have some thrift stores here and for the most part they are cheap but you really have to watch as like the rest of the stuff prices are creeping up. Great finds.

yumi said...

Nice to meet you.

I want to change information about a diet and health or the exercise for a lot of people.

I linked your site.
Please link to my site.

http://healthy-diet-food-sports-weight-loss.blogspot.com/

Thanking you in advance.

Org Junkie said...

Oh my gosh the cabinet is beautiful! Wow you don't see anything like that at garage sales around here :(

Good finds!