Sunday, June 22, 2008

Menu Plan for June 23-25, 2008


As usual, the organizing junkie is pushing me on toward higher goals like: menu planning!  Unfortunately, I'm only going to be around for two days this week.  Yes, we are traveling again.  With the price of gas, you think no one would travel much, but we are making a special trip to visit my DH's parents at their cottage.  Aaaahhhh... the wonderful Minnesota cottage on picturesque Lake Miltona--gotta love it.  

Because my DH (dear husband) has already spent his "vacation wad" going out east, I am taking the five kids (plus a  kid's friend)... so... six kids..... by myself.  But before you boo hoo over my situation, think about this: I have a driving child, and I have a GPS!  And these kids are GREAT.  They're mine, aren't they?   Really, it should be fun.  AND I am hoping to organize while I'm there!  Woo hooo... can all the other nerds who read this regularly rejoice with me?  

So, what are we eating for two full days?
Monday: tacos/ taco salad
Tuesday: chicken and green bean casserole/ rice

So, what is the DH eating?  Not sure yet.  The last time I left him food, it was still there when I got home.  He probably got too many good offers to eat out!  (Gotta love those friends!)  And if he doesn't get any offers?   He'll be happy with a loaf of homemade bread.  As you all know, engineers don't mind eating the same thing everyday.. according to this funny clip. 


I love his dead -pan voice quality.  

5 comments:

Org Junkie said...

Yep this "nerd" totally gets it :)

Have a great week!

Niki said...

have a great vacation and I totally understand you.

Erica @ Cook Quick Easy Recipes said...

Nice menu. Taco salad is always a good choice. Have a safe and fun vacation :)

Multiple Mom T said...

That was Hilarious!! Thanks for sharing.

Kathi said...

Poor DH! Well, at least his parents will love having you even if he can't come. I hope you have a ball and take lots of pics!

We're in CO at a family reunion. Yes, I understand...what ARE we having for dinner tonight?