Saturday, July 26, 2008

She wanted a Zebra robe..

I decided to take a break from my normal life of organizing and do some sewing.  Princess E was looking at the neat pictures from one of my regular reads, Sew Mama Sew, and she said, "I want one!"  I told her that we'd have to use her favorite pink towel to make it.  She said, "pink and zebras!" So, this idea was born.  It's a simple robe made from a towel.  The directions are here: Sew Mama Sew/ child's robe PDF.

I designed this zebra applique and zig-zagged it on.

The hood is not in the original pattern.  You need a hand-towel in addition to a regular towel. 
Yes, the closures are zebras also!  Too cute!

No, I didn't leave the house to get supplies.  Yes, I really do have that much stuff HERE.  
Ugh..  No wonder I need to organize.  
This project was fast, easy and fun.  

3 comments:

Kath said...

You are truly amazing! I love it!

Mrs. Parunak said...

That is the cutest robe EVER!

L2L said...

too funny I was wondering how I could have ever missed this post and I don't think I had found your post yet, lol. Is the nav bar new? I didn't notice it yesterday or am I just getting old and need glasses now, agh!!!!