Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shopping and such..

I'm sitting here with my Mom after a hard day of garage-sale shopping.  She is feverishly planning out my lesson plans for the next year.  I just needed a little help this year with getting my head on straight. Yes, I have been homeschooling for 12 years.. yes, I have always done my own planning.  This year?  I need a fresh lease on life or something.  So, I'll be reporting in every so often about the progress.  So far, she hasn't uttered too many groans.  (She claims to be enjoying this!)

Dad (Grandpa)  and the kids are chowing down on popcorn in the livingroom.  We were able to capture some photos of our loot before everything got put away.  

Dad and his loot...  the jacket was $1.00.  Even though it was in the 80's, I made him put it on.  The mirrors: $.25 each/  helmet: $2.00/ CD: $1.00 and tool: $1.00
You big spender! $6.00 total!


I ended up spending more than Dad--big surprise! 
funky metal bowl: $1.00/ quilt thingy: $4.00

Mom bought these: $1.00 each.
Old fashioned "pram" for dolls.. $10.00   Princess  E loves it!  I was going to try and sell it on ebay.. but no luck! I think it's going to be a permanent fixture in our home.
My new T-shirt!!  $1.00  
Emile, Thomas tub toys, books $1.00 total.
Fancy dish thingy.. $4.00
stylish bottles.. $5.00

Why is it that I think the WHOLE WORLD needs to know OR is even interested in my JUNK and HOW much I paid for it???  If you think this is dumb, sorry.  If you like it, are you weird? .. why is it that I think it's interesting??  

5 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

I guess I'm weird. I was having fun looking at all your stuff! I have way too much stuff, so even if it's a bargain, I probably shouldn't have it. But this way, I can enjoy bargains without having to locate storage! As my Aunt Kathi would say, "Such a deal!"

Kathi said...

Same here! I enjoyed your booty and thought to myself, "Yes, and I'm glad it's yours, because I just heard that there's no more room in my house (from myself, reflecting on Mrs. Parunak's post on the subject).

Over the years I found way too many deals and never used them properly. Ms. Organizing Mom, on the other hand, USES her stuff, so you go, girl! "Such a deal!" I can get lots of vicarious pleasure from seeing you ferret out great bargains.

Janine said...

What treasures! It's fun to see your finds so keep showing us. :)(Can't believe the deal on the grill awhile back!) As a fellow garage-saler I can appreciate how the Lord leads you to the right sales.
I've been so busy lately and haven't looked on your blog for a long time so it was great to get caught up on what your family is doing. Looks like you're having a wonderful summer!

Organizing Mommy said...

Janine, Kathi, and Mrs. P,
Hi!! You guys are soooo sweet. Comments really are the best.. (not as good as answered prayer, but really awesome!)
Yes, I have some things I'll be selling on ebay, some I use, some donate. For some reason, it doesn't clutter up the house, but I do donate things OFTEN!! I usually exchange an old thing out when a "new" (new to me) thing arrives.

Scribbit said...

You got some fun stuff! And Escape to Witch Mountain? LOVE that movie!