Monday, July 21, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday.. eclectic stuff..

Lately, it's been HOT here.  HOT and HUMID, which means I am staying inside a lot.  So, if it seems like every other day I get a HUGE amount done, it is because 1. I'm not homeschooling in the summer, and 2. the price of gas keeps me at home.  So, I sit around and organize and make stuff. 

Like this thing.  What IS it anyway?  It's just a bunch of pockets, and I made it out of scraps.  The red pieces are from my friend, Dana.  She just picks stuff up at garage sales.  The green piece? Just a chunk of something laying around.  Now, it's holding a bunch of zippers.  If you missed the post on how to make a super-easy organizer, click here
What else? I organized the front hall closet.  Actually, I don't like the exercise mat hanging there.  

And these? These are my NEW shoes.  I like them a lot.  I don't normally post pictures on everything new, even if I do like it.  The reason I have a picture of the shoes is because whenever I get a new pair of shoes, I take a picture of them.  I print it out and laminate it and place it on the box.  Then, I know exactly where the shoes are supposed to go when I take them off!  When I am trying to decide which shoes to wear, I just LOOK at my selection instead of trying to remember what I have.  I only have 13 clear boxes and 3 clear drawers, so it limits how many pairs I collect at any given time. Sounds crazy, but it works! 

Happy housework.  Check out 5 minutes for MOM for more tacklers..

6 comments:

happyathome said...

Wow, that is above and beyond on the shoes. A good idea to give to my mom who has an extensive number of shoes in her closet. BTW, I have been looking at the same pair of shoes debating on buying them. Nice blog, stop by for my tackle it Tuesday, I am tackling the green bean brigade!
http://www.lifeislikechampagneblog.com/2008/07/tackle-it-tuesday_22.html

The Nest Egg said...

Nice organizing bag! I like it!

Colleen said...

Great! I need to do more organizing at my house!

Check out my post where I attempted to build a deck box. By myself. With two kids.
Mommy Always Wins

Muthering Heights said...

That organizer is a great idea!

Katie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog again! Your blog looks so great! I am going to stay and browse through your posts a bit and see what wonderful organizing info I can glean from you!! Thank you so much!

Katie

Fit Healthy and Happy said...

Have you any thoughts on disposable tupperware containers? I can never keep lids organized unless I put them on the container straight from the dishwasher but so much room is wasted...