Thursday, August 21, 2008

DeClutter Challenge: Week 3


This week, I uncluttered the beloved country hutch that adorns the living room wall and holds many games, pictures and decorations.

Before: It doesn't look too bad when the doors are closed up.

AFTER: 
Decluttered and rearranged the pictures, bottles and things on the three shelves.

AFTER: the drawers with many games are organized by: size and usage.  I'm not really sure where the before pictures are.  (Jo is out at Robotics, and I'm not good at finding things)


Drawer: Before: 
Drawer: after

Drawer: before

Drawer: after


One large bag of junk and 3 games removed, we are done! 
For more decluttering, visit the organizing queen

About the hutch: My DH made the hutch from yellow pine from Panama while we were living there.  It was his first major woodworking project.  It's still holding up today.  


6 comments:

monica said...

Thanks for giving me a heads up about the tupperware. I feel much better now. I've never thrown any out and it seems when I go to buy more I can never find something to match what I already have. I've resorted to large ziploc bags for now. Not the most economical, I need to get more containers. How troublesome, how convenient.

Mrs. Parunak said...

Looks great! I love your colored glass bottles.

jannie_b said...

Great work! The hutch is gorgeous!

HDMac said...

That hutch IS gorgeous. Great job you have done this week!!!

Anonymous said...

Love those before and after pictures - truly inspiring! (from a fellow challenger)...Michelle

fruitfulwords said...

Wow- the after o=pictures are stunners. Wish mine looked that way. Maybe one of these weeks. Thanks for sharing.