Sunday, August 24, 2008

Menu plan for Aug 25-31, 2008 and is summer over?

Monday: soup from leftovers
Tuesday: pulled pork sandwiches/ fumi salad
Wednesday: spaghetti and meatballs
Thursday: chicken casserole
Friday: chili
Sat: leftovers or pasta
Sunday: not sure!!  

Wow!! What a week! The week started with a bang.  My friend, Kathy, visited with her children.  The few days she was here went WAY too FAST.  If you missed reading her thoughts on time management, you missed a good thing.  It's a long post but worth reading! Kathy's time management post part 1.
On Tuesday, we managed to get the wild 6 (3 of hers and 3 of mine) on their limo celebration ride.  You have to read Jo's post for the full details.  I can give you the quick and dirty here.

This is Tony, the limo driver, a very patient man, indeed.
Than, Josiah, and Hud in the limo
Our princess Jo, who earned the treat.
Jo with "Irene" and "Grace"


It gives a whole new perspective on reading goals.  To recap, Jo read 7,696 pages and submitted her entries in the Rockford Public Library's reading contest for young adults. She won.  She gives the full story in her post.

I had a full day between more company, DH's parents.  We made the ultimate birthday chocolate cake over the weekend to celebrate Grandpa Jon's 70th birthday!!  
 And Tuesday.. yes Tuesday.. school officially starts!!  I'm excited and scared all at the same time. 

What my kids are doing: (homeschool/ Hallstrom)
Robotdude: 11th grade: U.S. History, British Lit, Spanish I, Bible, gym, violin maybe calculus (with Daddy)
Jo-with-it: 9th grade: World Literature, Spanish I, Algebra 1, Art, Bible, piano, 
Hudbud: 7th grade: Language arts, history, Saxon 87, gym, cello
Than: 5th/6th grade: Language arts, history, Saxon 87, gym, cello
Emmy: preschool with mom

What I'm teaching: Write with the Best, language arts for 7-8 graders
Write your Own Book: language arts for 4-6th graders

So, goodbye summer! Happy fall.  I like this time of year even better than summer.  What's on your menu?


4 comments:

Lisa Knight said...

Great menu, sounds like a busy week.

The Frugal Momma

Katie said...

Your menu sounds delicious! And I love all of the pictures!! That is just so neat that she won the contest!!

Mrs. Parunak said...

I can't believe how fast the summer went! The air is getting cooler. I'm sitting here by an open window in a long-sleeved blouse, and I'm a bit chilly.

Loved the pictures from Jo's ride. I'll head over to her blog for all the details.

Kathi said...

I can't get the pictures up on my computer. I'll keep trying!

Hope you have a marvelous year of home schooling. Sounds very challenging, but I'm sure you're up to the task!