Sunday, August 17, 2008

Menu plan for August 17-23, 2008: and GREAT NEWS

Do you see this? 

This is what I've been looking at all summer.  My daughter, Jo-with-it, and the top of her head buried in a book.  

It all started so innocently.  We went down to the local library to sign up for the reading contest.  (No biggy)  But then..

Then.. Jo makes it her personal ambition to outread the entire county.  I can only imagine something like law school requiring you to read 7,696 pages in a two month period. 



So, I get home from teaching at the Y and buying groceries, and she asked me, "What are we doing on this day or that day..?"  

 "I'm not sure. Check the calendar.  Why?"

"Because I have to schedule my limo ride.."

"What?!!"  "You won?!!"  "WOOO HOOOO!!!"
 
"They called while you were out"

"Aren't you excited?!! "


Calm, cool and collected.. 

"I already did my happy dance"



HEY world!!  I have the smartest daughter on the planet!!!

I got on the phone and called a bunch of people and threatened to call the news station.  


Now, whenever I get around people, she hides from me.. embarrassed.  

Now, she's going to break the news to her best buddy tomorrow.  She gets to bring 5 people on the limo outing.  

These are a few of the lucky ones. 


These two will be going also, plus two others that I don't have pictures yet.  My buddy, Kathy, and I will be driving behind them taking pictures and videos--like a real paparazzi.   So, stay tuned.  This is BIG in the life the O.M.  We'll be doing full-fledged interviews, videos, photos..   (O.K.  maybe not quite that, but it will still be special!) 


Menu Planning for this week:

Monday: Runza buns (for kids)/ smoked salmon salad for adults
Tuesday: Eat out at Pizza Hut
Wednesday: Italian
Thursday: Leftover soup
Friday: Italian beef on buns/ salad/ veggies
Sat: beans and rice
Sunday: chicken casserole and brown rice

If you only read my blog once a week, I can tell you that I worked hard on this post:


7 comments:

Kathy said...

That is fabulous! Have a great time honoring your daughter for all of her hard work!

Kari said...

Great job Jo Jo! What a proud mother you must be!

Niki said...

Wow you must be proud of her. The menu looks good and I have been making your beans and rice for some time now. You asked if I homeschool and I don't as of yet. I am on the fence but I really don't think I am cut out for it. I have been doing some pre-school stuff to get him used to it come this fall. I admire those that do and you never know what the future holds. Have a great week.

Teresa said...

What a problem...your kids reading too much! I only hope my two little ones will be so enthralled by a book!

Tell her congrats!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Yay! I left Jo a couple notes on her blog the other day, so I already knew :) BUT I think you deserve a big congratulations yourself for raising her to be so ambitious, committed, diligent, and most of all, to love books in the first place instead of TV and video games.

Oh, and I'm not surprised that you worked hard on your "Organizing for High Brows" post. It was one of your finest!

Kathi said...

How awesome is this!! Congratulations on a marvelous accomplishment!!!!

Jo sounds like her mom to me. Didn't you get your degree from Western in literature?

Can't wait for the picture parade!

Organizing Mommy said...

Really you guys, JO is like her father--calm, cool and collected. I've hardly waded through one training manual and biography this summer. I am driven, though. Thanks for the many UNDESERVED compliments. My degree is in secondary English Education from Western, BUT I was never a good literature person. My roommate "carried" me through Chaucer and Donne and those dudes, for whom I still to this day have no clue bird what it all means. Ugh.