Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Now there's a man who knows where to spend his money..

A man and his money are not soon parted, especially if the man is an engineer.  

Engineers. I love 'em. Yes, my DH is an engineer.  All my kids are engineer-wanna-be's.  They are sensible. frugal. like numbers. order. and would be upset with this punctuation.   LOL.

Now, I never planned to be fitness teacher.  It sort of evolved.  One thing led to the next. A job at the Y, training in Chicago, etc. etc. Before you know it, I am teaching a group of engineers pilates
 ( PILL-LOT-TEEZE not PIE-LATES).  Anyway, I'm teaching this exercise class now to a group of engineers.  I have a bunch of guys and gals.  They come on their lunch hour to the workout room, and I try to kill them, and they love it. So, one of the guys is getting married soon.  He would like to treat his fiance to some personal training sessions for a birthday gift.   

All I can say is: what a dude! What a good way to spend your money--hiring a personal trainer.  I can't think of less cluttery, more useful gift.  I wouldn't mind a trainer myself.  

The good news is: I may have a great job coming up.
The bad news is: I have A LOT of reading and research to do before my first session.  Thankfully, I work under a very nice man who is very knowledgeable about the personal training industry and has loaned me the ultimate personal training manual.  

Who wudda thunk???? 

3 comments:

Kathi said...

Oh, Jena. What's the name of your personal training manual? I have wanted to read up on how to train MYSELF for years! Every time I get a new pulled muscle from trying to keep in shape, I think to myself, "If I only knew what and how to fix this so it doesn't happen again!"

By the way, what a great opportunity! You'll make a fabulous personal trainer!!

Mrs. Parunak said...

I love pilates. I wish I could be in your class. I tried doing it with a video, but there was way too much cleavage to be showing my little boy, so I gave up on that. Pilates sure does feel great, though.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. You are such a wonderful encourager!

Anonymous said...

We're not ALL engineer-wanna-be's, just J-star. Thanks for the sensible part.