Monday, September 22, 2008

Tackling Tuesday.. my messy Monday



Welcome to my Monday Morning mess.  Actually this week is pretty typical of most Mondays.  I won't even offer any crazy excuses like: we had guests this weekend or the weather was great for a walk.. or any of that.  I can't fool you guys.  We're just lazy.  LOL.  Seriously,  it's just the kitchen clutter that is out.  The Bosch is still out from the yummy banana bread I made this morning.  The deep fryer is still out from those egg rolls we made on Saturday.  Let's not forget the special boxed pizza for Sunday night in the over-flowing trash.  No wonder the mice are living large around here.  Whew!


Another view..



And some how in the course of the day, it gets all cleaned up.  Monday evenings are very nice around here..

Can this be the same kitchen?


We might as well conquer the livingroom while we're at it.


Who's the cutie in the corner??  
And there's been a little progress on:
Project purple..


Hopefully NEXT Tackle Tuesday I'll be presenting the grand finale for project purple.  I know.. the suspense is killing you.  Sorry.  Check back in a week.  

Thanks for humoring me by checking out my tackles.  For more, visit: 5 minutes for Mom.  
Do you like my tackles?  If so, tell Susan and Janice at 5 minutes for Mom that I need to be their new tackling editor.  

17 comments:

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

You crack me up! :)

Great tackling - wow - made me tried just looking at it. You did fabulous as usual. :)

(Your enthusiasm for the job is definitely noted! Sorry I haven't decided yet. I haven't tackled even reading all the emails yet. Too much to do!! But I will tackle it this week FOR SURE!)

Peggy said...

Great tackle:) My kitchen becomes a wreck every day - the counters AND the floor! I clean it before bed (sometimes NOT) just so it can becaome a wreck all over again the next day:)

UKZoe said...

Not a bad tackle at all. You did a lot more than me!

earthlingorgeous said...

Wow! Great Job! How did you do that alone! Love your kitchen by the way :)

Erica said...

I just love waking up the morning after I have cleaned! What a joy. Your home is beautiful.

Gray Matters said...

Great job! Don't ya wish it could stay like that forever?

Brenda said...

Your before pictures look like a typical day around my house!

Jenna said...

You have a beautiful kitchen! It really sparkles in the After pictures. Great job!

Sherry said...

Great and beautiful tackle! :D You have a wonderful kitchen! :D

Earthmama said...

And I thought I was the only one with this problem...LOL. Great job and what a beautiful home!

Jen said...

I'll leave the door open, you can let yourself in to clean. ;)

Good job!

Susie said...

What a great tackle! Your kitchen is beautiful!! Good luck on gettingt the editor job:-)

Karen said...

It looks very nice. I would love to see a close up of that quilt that hangs on your wall.

Lollie said...

Ummm do you have a good trick to get my kids, 5,4 and 1(of course not her) to help me clean up? It is a reck in my house and I am just lost...I have tried Flylady and I get bored with the emails...suggestions??

Karen said...

My house looks like that by Monday morning too -- actually worse....

Organizing Mommy said...

Do you think I clean this ALONE??? I don't mess it up by myself, so I don't really clean it up by myself either. I have a big family, so we have a lot of helpers. I just play "armchair general".. LOL

Kathi said...

Gorgeous house, you guys!