Thursday, October 2, 2008

I've been tagged, so here we go again.

I am going to tag my young bloggers:  Hey, if you are one of my children that I've given birth to or if you are one of the 12 7th and 8th graders that I teach at Hallstrom--consider yourself tagged.  

What are six things about you that you want the world to know?  

My daughter, Jo-snazzer, tagged me.  

Some of the crazy things that go on in my head:

1. I skip and sing when I go places.  I sing crazy songs as well as songs about Jesus. I love it when I go into Hamilton Sundstrand (big corporate serious place) to teach pilates and I'm singing the song my little three-year-old learned in her singing class.. "Oh.. who can make a flower.. I'm sure I can't can you?  Oh.. who can make a flower.. no one but God.. tis true"  

2.  My kids tell me that I don't sing very well.

3.  It doesn't really bother me that I don't sing well.  I figure that if I'm only singing for my own enjoyment and not torturing the world by getting behind a microphone, then it really doesn't matter one way or the other.  

4. Another thing I do is sing about what is going on at the moment.  Like tonight when my mother hid my chicken bouillon base in the cupboard, instead of the fridge where it's supposed to be.  "Oh where did I put my chicken broth?  Oh where or where did it go?"  

5.  Enough about singing for a moment.  I also like words.  I had one of my 7th graders write a funny post and used the word: vermillion.  You can only imagine how that got me excited.  

6.  I think I need to make up a song about vermillion..  "Oh the color of vermillion..it feels like a million"  

3 comments:

Kari said...

You are the most spectacular kind of crazy! I really enjoy your blog though I don't usually comment.

Mrs. Parunak said...

Singing is the greatest. I like to sing about what's happening at the moment, too, and it's great right now because my kids are little enough to like it and not to compare my voice to the ones on the CD's! The only problem is when they ask to hear the song again, and I can't remember all the words.

cc said...

You are a kindred sister. My day usually sounds like a mixed-up musical, and I really struggle to refrain myself from singing many a refrain at the dinner table (I read somewhere that this isn't considered good manners).