Sunday, October 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Monday: homemade chicken noodle soup/ fruit/ bread
Tuesday: Italian (turkey meatballs) salad bread
Wednesday: chicken quesadillas
Thursday:  baked or grilled chicken/ veggies/ potatoes
Friday: leftovers
Sat/Sun: not sure yet..

Well, my Mom has been here all week.  We sure have had fun.  She is staying until Wednesday.  My DH leaves for France tomorrow.  It is a short trip, so hopefully he'll be back by the weekend.   

Here's a a question for my readers.  I have to do another talk on organizing for the group I spoke to last time.  My topic is "time management".   So, if you have any thoughts on this, could you put them in the comments or send me an email?  organizingmommy [at] sbcglobal[dot]net

1. What are your biggest obstacles for managing your time?
2. What is a secret you've learned from your mistakes about managing your time?
thanks!!

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.  Time management is not a strength of mine, but I am working on it.  

Oh, the Canadians are celebrating Thanksgiving next week, so you can find out a bunch of great Thanksgiving recipes at the Organizing Junkie's place. 

I have the same thing every year for Thanksgiving.  I roast a big turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberries, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, pecan pie with whipped cream.   I usually do the cooking and invite friends.  hum drum.. 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful menu . . .
With regard to your time management questions, my biggest hint is to work with my energy patterns. I know that by the end of the day, I am worn out. I try to do all the really important tasks early in the day when my energy and motivation are at their peak.
HTH
-Nancy

Mrs. Parunak said...

hum drum!? Are you serious? That all sounds wonderful! And I would like to say that I think the Canadians have a much better plan celebrating Thanksgiving in October. Travel just gets WAY too crazy with Thanksgiving and Christmas only a month apart!

As for your questions, my biggest obstacle is myself. I make great plans, but I so often fail to implement them because I'm tired, or it's such a nice day, or we haven't made cookies in so long, or, or, or... I need to just buckle down and make myself and my kids stick to the plan. And that's what I've learned, too. STICK TO THE PLAN. I accomplish so much more when I stay on a schedule, even an imperfect schedule, than when I fumble around doing this or that because it just seems so inviting. If I really must do some different thing, then I had better make a new plan so that I know what I'm actually going to have to cut. Otherwise, I run out of day before I run out of tasks, and then I feel frustrated.

Kathi said...

Biggest obstacle in managing time: the unexpected. How to deal with it? My spiritual mom said to rename all such as "divine appointments." Helps the perspective of serving the Lord rather than being distracted from MY PLANS!

What I've learned? The best way I can show my love for God (after worshiping Him, meditating on his Word, and praying) is to love people. Therefore, let loving and serving the needs of others become my first priority under God. God, husband, kids, parents, family, church family, and community. If I've still got more time...keep going!

Martin Luther said, "If you want to change your world, pick up your pen." There's room for writing, too. Yipee for those of us who love to write!