Monday, October 6, 2008

Tackle in Tuesday.. a lot of stuff

First off, let me say THANK YOU to all of the pumpkin butter recipes you all gave me.  I decided to go with this pumpkin butter recipe from allrecipes.com Thank you, Fairy Flutters for suggesting it.  Here is what it looked like before I canned it.

It tastes good also, but it's a little heavy on the nutmeg. So, I would cut the nutmeg in half, unless you like that strong flavor.  

 The day after I picked up the pumpkins, I noticed this going on..

I was trying to feed them the pumpkin stalks..
and some of the pumpkins that rotted..
They generally do not get so close to our fence line, but today we got the full deal...

Hey, whatcha lookin at me fer, Bob?

My Mom is this AMAZING quilter, and she's been "giving er" as we say up north.  Can you believe this amazing quilt??

or this one?

up close on the birds..

And this!!  Yes, I'm getting this colorful star quilt.

So, I bought some fabrics to change things up in the bedroom a little..

And here is Mom, doing her Bible study.. looking so unassuming. 

Good job, tuna.. I mean Mom.  LOVE YOU.

10 comments:

Momof3 said...

Wow on those quilts! I better start now if I'm ever going to be half that good. Beautiful!

Sherry said...

Yum! The pumpkin butter sounds delish!! :D

Those quilts are absolutely beautiful! She is definitely talented!

Have a great day!
Sherry

Frugal Finds said...

Beautiful quilts!!

Kristi said...

OH, those quilts are gorgeous! Bob's picture made me laugh. Great tackles!

heidi said...

Nice quilts!! Yummy pumpkin butter. MMMM

earthlingorgeous said...

Wow pumpkin butter, I have never had one before in my entire life. Would you send one my way? Sounds delish! Look at those cows they are having a treat! and those quilts very fabulous! I wish I can sew but I can't so I am just here envious with all those who can. Love your tackle!

fairyflutters said...

Gorgeous quilts! I would treasure those. Good job on the pumpkin butter. :)

Karen said...

Those quilts are beautiful!

Kathi said...

Gorgeous quilts. Incredible cows. Fabulous harvest. Yummy-looking pumpkin butter. Norman Rockwell, eat your heart out!

I love you, kiddo! You're doing GREAT!

Give you mom a kiss for me! :)

Mrs. Parunak said...

Your mom is incredible. That is so inspiring!