Monday, October 20, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday.. and a "domestic rock star"

Aren't these just gourd-eous?  This is a collection of the dried gourds I bought this weekend in Chicago/ Lisle at the Morton Arboretum.  

So, in future weeks, I'll be making something out them.  E calls them "piggies", so maybe they'll all have pig faces or pig bodies.  Anyway, it's fun to imagine what they might become.

But for today, I moved up a few ranks.  I went from an "organizing mommy" to a "domestic rock star" because of this:



As you ALL know by now, 5 Minutes for Mom is hosting this great tackle, sponsored by CLR cleaner..  Here is my tackle!!
BEFORE: This is the drain in tub of bathroom #2.  
Another shot of the tub (before) UGH!
Bottom of the shower (bath #1)

After shots: This is the very clean toilet (bath #2)
after: the shower
and the tub!!  
and why not the sink?

Yes, this product DOES work on tubs, sinks and toilets.  We do have a water softener, so the grunge wasn't as dramatic as it could have been.  I had to spray the tub twice in order to get good results.  Considering the fact that I have no recollection of ever having cleaned that tub before, that was pretty good.  O.K. I do need a maid.  Any product that can sparkle up my house and turn me into a domestic rock-star wins a thumbs up from the O.M.  Check out other tackles at 5 Minutes for Mom.

6 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Ok, WOW. That stuff looks amazing. We have well water, and we soften it, but it's still pretty hard. Where can I get some of that?

Organizing Mommy said...

They sent me a bottle for free because I entered the contest, but I think you can get it at any old grocery store.

Peggy said...

Great job! Your fixtures are very pretty.

earthlingorgeous said...

WOW! Ahhhhhhhh i am so envious of CLR tackles! Too bad I wasn't qualified to get a sample. I hope we have CLR here in Philipines. Great CLR tackles

Susie said...

Great tackle and great review:-)

paganhomemaking said...

Great job!!