Friday, November 14, 2008

Organizing Talk...this Sunday evening.

..This coming Sunday evening I am slated to do a talk on organizing, specifically time management.  The first time I spoke to this group of ladies, it was very natural and easy, since I was talking about organizing spaces: like organizing a drawer or a closet.

  If you haven't caught on, there's a whole cache of us who are power mommies just because we can conquer a pile of shoes or containerize a shelf..LOL!

  I like spaces.  They are.. tangible... happy.. right there.  But time? Time is.. hard.  You can't hug it, feel it, or control it.  It hangs on and keeps going, whether you are ready for it or not.  It's sometimes a heavy weight, isn't it?  In America, we are sooo time conscious that it's intimidating to not be on top of it.  I hear in heaven there will be NO TIME.  Whatever that will be like, I'm sure it will be good--since all of heaven is good.  After all, the Lord Jesus is there.  That doesn't mean I understand it.  

So now, my little talk is about time management.  After I've just told you time is: hard, weighty, uncontrollable and intimidating.  Now we are going to speak and act like we are in charge of it by calling it: "time management". I like that. 

 So, I have prepared some handouts.  I tried to paste them into the post, but it doesn't work that way.  I guess I could email them to anyone who would like them.  If you sent me an email, I'll send it to you on a return email.  On the subject put: request time management. organizingmommy[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

If you use my handouts for a talk or to distribute to someone,  or for your next book (egads!) please ask permission first.  Then again, they aren't THAT impressive!  In the meantime, if you are reading this and would like to pray, that would be nice too. 

 

2 comments:

stACEy said...

Oh I am sure you are going to be great!!!

I have taught time management for 10 years, if there is anything I can help with, feel free to email me at got_org@att.net

Mrs. Parunak said...

I'll pray for you! I hope everything goes great.