Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Talk About Tuesday..making friends online..

In the picture below, we have Jo-with-it, and her friend, Jessie.  Before the Reformation Day Faire in Peoria, they had never met.  Jo met Jessie online, through her blog.  They both had a lot of things in common: homeschooled, costume-making, big sisters, blogging, photography.... and the Lord, of course! 

When they met, it was like they were sisters.  They both had long, beautiful "Diane hair" (as mentioned here) and just had a fun time getting to know each other.  In fact, this is how we found out about the Reformation Day Faire in the first place.  

Without sounding like a "parenting pundit", I will say that children who typically make good decisions at home will also make good choices when given a little bit longer leash.  I was pleased with her choice of activity (the Reformation Faire)  and her new friends.  It's always fun when it's their OWN idea too.  

I love this photo.  This was her choice for her painting project.  I'll show it for Wordless Wednesdays..  
Thank you to all of you who took my: fitness question survey.  If you haven't had a chance to do it yet, you can still go back and add a comment/ suggestion.   

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What lovely new friends! It sounds like your Peoria outing was a success. My eldest daughter, Emily, met a girl friend in an on-line Latin class in 1999 and they have remained friends to this day. They kept in touch during college. The funny thing is that they still have never met!

fairyflutters said...

What a beautiful picture to paint!

My online friends are some of my best. :) How cool your daughter got to meet hers.

stACEy said...

found you somehow, can't remember, but i have put you on my blog roll for my organizational blog.

hope you don't mind :)

Mrs. Parunak said...

Yes, I agree with fairyflutters, my online friends are some of my best. It's really fun getting to know people all over the country through blogs. It's great that Jo got to find a soul mate.

And that Reformation Day Faire looked like so much fun. I wish I could have been there.