Friday, November 7, 2008

Yes, I really was on the news...

...Yes, I was really on the news, but not for anything exciting or controversial.  

For the first time since my DH and I have known each other, we went to our first movie in a theater.  It just so happened that it was the very last day this theater was operable.  Channel 17 WTVO was there interviewing people in the theater.  So, yes,  the O.M. was not shy behind the camera..  I told them the movie, Fireproof, is what had us there. 

It was fabulous!  In this very discouraging day, where everything and everyone wants to pull marriages apart, this was a wonderful breath of fresh air.  

So, when the news lady got over the shock of a couple never having been in a movie theater before, she was really interested in seeing this movie herself.  There was a picture of our backs, sitting in the theater, side by side, watching the movie.  

Cute.  

On a more serious note, I have been sort of grieving over the decisions our country has made.  I am not going to attempt political commentary here.  I would just make myself look silly if I tried.  Thus, the reason for the lack of blogging.  If you are rejoicing, I am happy for you.  While we still have freedom of speech, I will attempt to write and encourage.. and laugh.. in time.   For now, I will be spending more time in my Bible and in prayer.  

6 comments:

CC said...

Good for you...both! I'm glad you guys went, and even had an opportunity to advertise your excellent movie choice.
Hang in there. God is so in control. Hugs to you!

Kathy said...

Our country needs our prayers. . .Thank you for this post. I am ostrich - like. I stuck my head in the sand and kept typing.

stACEy said...

that is really cool that was your first trip!

I have heard really great things about that movie. I need to see it

stACEy said...

you are featured on my organizational blog this next coming week, hope that is okay, you have great ideas and I am passing them along :)

Mrs. Parunak said...

I really must see Fireproof. Everyone's been saying how good it is.

I know how you feel about the election. I just posted a link on my blog to something that has really encouraged me through everything.

Rebecca said...

Now I am really interested in that movie!

A couple of weeks ago I answered the phone because it wasn't an 800 number that showed up on the caller ID. Unfortunately, it turned out to be one of those surveys, and I wished I hadn't picked up. However, it was about movies, and the girl kept being surprised by the answers she was getting. She finally asked how many times in my life I'd been to a movie theater, and was nonplussed when I told her "never"! She thanked me for my time and hung up. =)