Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I can hardly believe it!! I won!

On the most stressful day in a long time, a day when I fought with my laminator and threatened to exterminate my binding machine while my 22 students were "publishing" their books on our last day of school before the break, and fought blowing snow and slick roads all the way home, I sighed a big sigh of relief when I realized I had a freezer lasagna ready to go into the oven for dinner and my inbox was stacked with  (good) emails.  

One of those great emails was the unbelievable improbable reality that I won my CHOICE of a pair of KEEN shoes.  I mean.. really.. KEEN?  I bought a pair of these this summer, and they were awesome.  The contest was from Rocks in My Dryer.  This is the original contest post here.

Now, I have to go over to the Keen site, and choose my shoes.  Here are some that I'm drooling, I mean deciding over... 

I'm trying to decide between the winthrop boot in black 
(below)



(below)




Any suggestions?  I'm leaning toward the black boots (winthrop) above.  I already have snow boots or I'd pick these trailhead, summits.  The black ballerina shoes (wear around market) are very cool also, but I need the black winthrop boots because the black shoes that I normally wear outside at this time of year have several rips in them.  I love them and can't bear to part with them, so maybe these practical, yet classy boots will help wean me of my precious black shoes.  Who wudda thunk?


15 comments:

exhale. return to center. said...

Yay for you!!! Congratulations!

I LOVE the first pair of boots - LOVE them!!!!!!

bonavita said...

Congratulations! You are a winner on so many fronts. I love the black boots. Stunning and practical. I want to see a picture of you sporting those beauties. I am so happy for you.

Alva said...

congratulations!!!!

The Boojes said...

Fantastic! Wow! I'm jealous...er, I mean happy for you! =)

The black boots look great, as do the black shoes. Have fun choosing!

A Knitting Junkie said...

Congratulations!!!
I am so thrilled for you.
Personally, I LOVE the winthrop boot.

You go girl!
Hugs...Anita, the Knitting Junkie

Everyday Mommy said...

Congrats! I own 7 pairs of Keens (yes there is a story behind that) and you can't go wrong no matter which pair you choose. You'll want to wear them a ton, so choose wisely ;)

Toni said...

Yah you!! What an awesome prize. Definitely loving thhose black boots - they'd be my choice. Practical, comfortable and GORGEOUS.

Jo-snazz said...

Will you share Mommy?
:)
~Joanna

The Chatty Housewife said...

I wanted to win that one! You better enjoy those shoes! I would definitely get the mary janes or a similar mary jane style from their site. I would wear them more than the boots. The boots were what I put as my favorite shoe for the contest. :)

Bay said...

Winthrop! Congratulations!

Jen said...

Go with the boots and throw away the other shoes that have rips in them. They can't bee too good for your feet (body). Anyway, congrats on the win, even if I am a little(?) jealous. lol

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Congrats!! Shoes are such a fun thing to win!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Hooray! What a nice ending to a stressful day. I think all those shoes look lovely, but if it were my choice, I think I'd go with the black boots. You can't go wrong though.

CC said...

You're the Queen of Keen! Way to go! I'm personally keen on the black boots.

Blue Castle said...

I saw that you won and was a little jealous. Just a little. :)

Have fun picking out your shoes. I like the boots.