Do you ever feel overwhelmed after arriving HOME from a trip? I sometimes do. Somehow I feel the urge to do EVERYTHING as soon as possible. I want to: fill the fridge, feed the family, field the mail, fold the clothes, and feel the warmth of my own bed: NOW!
I've tried to develop an: incoming procedure to give my confused brain a little help.
1. Unload car and place all things in living room (all kids helping)
2. Start dinner and put away food items. (MOM)
3. Before dinner starts, get all bags to appropriate rooms. (kids helping)
4. Eat dinner
5. Sort laundry into clean and dirty. (Just the adults and baby) The older kids have to put it in their rooms.
6. Before bed, put away all clean items and suitcases.
7. Do not start laundry until the next day. ( a child can do laundry, but adults have enough clothes to wait)
8. Plan a grocery list and menu for the next day/week.
9. Check email. Collect mail/ sort into piles.
10. Write list for tomorrow.
11. Go to bed.
It's not even noon of the next day, and I'm ready to sew!
This is my sewing supply bucket that I organized before I went on the trip.
(It does not have LABELS yet!!)
Oh, and the reason I'm in this picture??? My darling, Jo-snazzer made me this purple necklace!! Cool purple sweater, courtesy of my illustrious Goodwill shopping up north. LOVE IT.
Want more tackles, check out: 5 minutes for MOM.