Monday, December 8, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday: organizing the purse!


We all have it once in a while--a messy purse!  Since I've been carrying a big bag, everything gets shoved in there that doesn't need to be there.  

Wow! Looks like some great knitting... and everything else except the kitchen sink.  
Wow! Let's sort it into piles.
1. trash
2. treasures that are not returned to the purse:
        a) to be filed or put away
        b) to have an action taken
3. Stuff that gets returned to the purse


Now for the purse itself, we need to find a way to keep it organized.

Since I had a fabric lining, I sewed a heavy duty ribbon across the pockets and wrote on it in permanent marker.  There!  Now all of the essential things have a home!

Other ways to label the inside of your purse:
1. Masking tape
2. sticky-backed label tape
3. ribbons tied to zippers with labels attached.
4. any other ideas?

I am the new tackle it Tuesday editor for 5 Minutes for Mom.  Go over there and say Hi to me over there too.

Having trouble getting started with housework?  Do the blitz. 
,,,,

7 comments:

bonavita said...

I love this post. My purse is also a "dynamic" creature. I consider it like Mary Poppins' special bag:It holds everything one would need at any given time. Do you or your family members need: a snack, a toy, a drink, a diaper, a pad of paper, how about a pen, a book, - well it's in that purse. Now organizing it well, I am so open to your suggestions. The only thing I am certain of is I always need to find my keys and phone quickly. I have a key chain with a clip (it is cute) that hooks on to my purse handle and a little pocket that always (welll, almost always) holds my phone.

Organizing Mommy said...

Yeah!! I was going to say that! My purse is the: trash can, the laundry bin, the toy transporter, the refrigerator and pantry as well as: the place to store keys, money and forms of I.D.

If you label where the essentials go, you won't be disappointed when the rest of it looks like a bomb hit it.

Prairie Girl said...

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm a little afraid to do the purse tackle right now. I've been stuffing receipts, cheerios, kleenex and all sort of other treasures in there since winter hit. Maybe after Christmas :)

Thanks again for your post - I will certainly be back to Tackle it Tuesday :)

Lisa said...

Congrats on being the new editor for Tackle It Tuesday! I enjoy reading everyone's tackles each week. It's inspiring and fun.

mamajuliana said...

Cleaned out the purse this morning...it was sad. My trash pile was WAY too big. IT took me 20 minutes to clean and organize.

I should keep up with it, and not let it go too long. I found receipts for things that I bought back in...well lets just say they were for items that I don't even remember. Thanks for your Tackle it!

Katie said...

Congrats on becoming the new Tackle editor for 5m4m! How fun!!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Good reminders. It is INCREDIBLE how much junk can accumulate in my purse, especially now that I have children. When we're out, I so often will say, "Just put that in Mommy's purse, honey." And then I totally forget it was in there. My purse cleanings are way too few and far between, too.