Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What is linky-love?

What is linky-love?  It's something you can do for your fellow bloggers.  If you find a great idea or a video clip or something that you like from my blog, it is good bloggy manners to send a link back to the original site that you found it.  

Here's how you do it: With your mouse, scroll over the title of the post.  Once you are on it, it will change color.  Now click.  That's it, you got it.  Now you have to look up and see that long group of numbers/ words etc. that starts with http://   Copy the whole thing.  

Now when you are on Facebook or twitter, you can add a link back to my site--just like that.  It's so easy.  That's called: linky love.  If you are getting a lot of good ideas from my site, and you like it, you can help by: increasing my traffic.  That's right.  You can tell other people about the dear ole blog here.. or there.. or wherever they are. That's how we make $$, or potential $$.  Not that every blog makes $, but some do.  Even if they don't, it is good to give credit where credit is due.   

Taking credit for it like it was your idea is: not cool.  O.K.  It's downright rude.  If I did that to you when I was first starting out, I'm sorry.  But now I know better.  

I am the organizing mommy, and I approve this message.
I have written this all by myself, without any help from other sources.  See? No links. 

Then again, if there are new bloggers out there, I think you can always benefit from Blogging Basics 101.

See? There was a link.  She's a wealth of information, so enjoy her stuff and mine.. and remember to......... take al the credit for our ideas ....I mean.... send us some links!


5 comments:

Demand More said...

I just found your blog today and I love it! im hoping to homeschool my boys in the future, starting new year actually. Thanks for sharing your life with us strangers!

bonavita said...

OOOOOOH! I hope I have never made this faux pas - if I have, I am sorry ;). You are forever my wise blogging friend.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I found you recently and have enjoyed reading your ideas.

Quick comment. Copying other's work and publishing (posting on a blog) it as your own is called plagiarism. It's not just rude, it's illegal and can get you into serious legal trouble.

When in doubt, always give a link or credit.

Mrs. Parunak said...

That blogging basics site has some good ideas. Thanks for the link.

Shawn99452 said...

Don't forget that you can right-click on a link (or double-tap the trackpad or ctrl-click for mac users) and then choose Copy Shortcut or Copy Link Location to copy the link address, so you don't actually have to visit the page and manually highlight and copy the address from the adress bar!