Friday, January 23, 2009

Saturday linkage: encouragements

Saturday linkage: great sites and stuff that I've been able to find!

Want to write a craft book? Suzanne explains how on Sew Mama Sew

Want to buy fabric? Looks like some good deals at fabric.com.



Virtually Organized has a new site now, and she's giving away a $50.00 gift card for the container store... pick me.. pick me!

Household helper is trying once again to help us save $$ on groceries.  Is there any help for me $251.00 this week and counting...

Need a laugh? Uncle Jay Explains the News.. is my new favorite for political satire and humor.
which is, by the way, my only commentary on the inauguration. 

Want the fresh inspiration of young ladies in their invincible twenties?  (my terminology, not theirs)  passionate homemaking and Titus 2.  

editorial note: Invincible twenties: (definition coined by Jena and Kathy M.) When you are fresh, young full of ideas, convictions and the energy to pursue them.  Only to be followed by the balancing thirties and the settling forties.  

Speaking of 40's.  I have been trying to train my sweet E to sing this song: 

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you, you don't look a day over 29.  

Finally the song emerged (on its own) from the backseat of the car.  As I craned my ear to hear the sweet finale, I heard:

you don't look a day over 49!!  



1 comment:

Mrs. Parunak said...

That song is priceless!

It's funny, I turned 30 last summer, and we have started to think more "balancing" type thoughts this year. You always think you're so special, discovering this or that important life dynamic, and then it turns out that actually everyone else has gone through the process, too.

And thanks for linking to me. :) I hope I can inspire the invincible even as I learn to balance.