Sunday, January 11, 2009

So, am I the last one to KNOW?

My stealthy daughter, Jo, went ahead and entered a writing contest and won.  You can read her entry here.  So, this is how I find out about things--by reading them on her blog.  Families who actually talk are soo passe.  ???  After all, I DO teach writing, and I would like to know if my daughter wins a contest.  Although, I can understand her trepidations.  After the last contest she won, I threatened to tell the local 23 news and submit an article to the Gazette.  

Speaking of blogs, I updated my side-panel a little bit so the good posts are easier to find and read.  I hope that if you are new to my blog and looking for a little bit of encouragement in organizing that you will be able to navigate through things easily.  

I am looking to hire a web designer and go "big time" into the world of blogging without loosing the "small time" touch.  For now, I am thankful to have a blog.  It is a great place to express feelings and ideas, even though they may not be as polished as they could be.  Any great ideas?  What kind of look do you guys like? I like this one: Sandy Toes. It has some class, some style.. some fun. 

2 comments:

Tim, Allyson, Emahry, and Jonathan said...

I have to admit, I love the 3 column look. Also keep in mind readablity, some colors are just too hard to read. White and light color backgrounds are the easiest on the eyes and for people who might want to print out some of your posts. I redid our blog a couple of months ago with information from some different websites. It took a few days, but I was able to do it myself without having to pay anyone.
Our blog:
www.a-heart4home.blogspot.com

Some helpful links:
www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/2008/10/works-for-me-wednesday-blog-template.html

www.bloggerbuster.com

www.thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mrs. Parunak said...

I just read Jo's story, and it was fun. She's definitely a talented writer. Congratulations to her on winning on the contest!