Monday, January 12, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday: upholstery repairs


She who upholstereth, also will repaireth..  

Yes, that would be me! The girl who thinks she can upholster but has never learned her lesson because everything she makes ends up looking like this:


and this: 
Yes, the $10.00 I paid for the chair and the $1.00 for the footstool were a good deal.  The $8.2 million for the fabric and time... well....

But it only takes a little stitching with upholstery thread and a needle.. and we're all patched up.

Footstool: after
chair: after

I'm not really sure if I would have accomplished this without that Tackle it Tuesday motivation.  Yeah for 5 Minutes for Mom.

7 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Yes, it's those little things that seem to never get done. I have a quilt that needs some mending and I always put it off. Maybe it's a Tackle it Tuesday kind of job! :)

You did a great job reupholstering by the way.

Gabrielle said...

Awesome! What a fantastic project, good job!

Bonnie said...

Doesn't it feel good when we get done the little things that make such a difference?

I too love Tackle It Tuesday because it motivates me to get things done.

Susie said...

That's an awesome tackle!! I am in awe of people who can upholster! That is one skill I have not honed! Great job:-)

UKZoe said...

And you did such a neat job too.

Mrs. Parunak said...

I'm so impressed that you can upholster. I've got a little couch in our bedroom that needs a slipcover, and I'm terrified to do it. I make clothes for people all the time, so I ought to be able to make clothes for a couch, too, but somehow it seems different.

Lolli said...

I am another person who is totally impressed! Good job!