Monday, January 5, 2009

Tackling life on Tuesday..


This week I am posting at 5 Minutes for Mom about tackling a large and overwhelming project.
This is my mother's cousin, Karen looking overwhelmed.  

As you can guess by the picture, Karen is HILARIOUS.  We don't get to see her very often, but when we do, we are always rolling with laughter.  She brought us a really hilarious game called: SNORTA.  Let's just say that it sounds like your living room is a barnyard when you're playing.  

Now I have a series of random things to tell you!  Here is a quilt I started...in ???, and my Mother finished it for me!!  She had it completed (along with 3 other quilts).  I call this: the Luna moth.  It's a perfect summer evening.


These are two snow-people dancing together.  Can you see how the left one leans slightly one way?  We made these up north.  They started out straight.
This is my new shoe (left) right along side of my old shoe (right).  Welcome to the world, happy Keens.  The contest shoes came in!! 
Last but not least, our caboose child (Emily) is starting her first reading lessons!!  She is only four, but she was begging for a lesson.  When she jumped up on my DH's lap and touched the decal on his sweatshirt and proudly read (from left to right) " I..Z...O..D..", I figured she was definitely showing signs of readiness!!

So, that precious book that has been taped, patched, and resurfaced is going to serve us for: one more child!!  

Happy Tuesday. 

6 comments:

Krista said...

I just LOVE snorta! We've had that game for a few years now & we always get our friends cracking up when we play!

Is that "teach your child to read" book still in print? I'd like to get one for my son.

Organizing Mommy said...

Yes, Teach your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons is still available. Some reading experts do not like the "distar" method, but it has worked for our children. I also reinforce with a phonics program also.

Lisa Knight said...

We knew our son was ready to "read" when we caught him trying to sound V..C..R.. into a word!

Mrs. Parunak said...

What a fun potpourri. My oldest made a snow lady one year that was straight in the evening and doing a back bend by morning. Crazy. Love your quilt. And congratulations on starting your last "kindergartner." That's a milestone.

Meshellyn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I can not wait to go back to CVS again next week, it is addicting!

Krista said...

Hi! Thanks for letting me know that about the comments on my prayer blog--I got it fixed! I ended up reserving that reading book at my library, so I'm really excited about checking it out.