Monday, January 26, 2009

Tackling life on Tuesday.. just a few things


As some of you may know, our home is a great stopping location for O'Hare International travelers.  These guys just got back from India in good shape.  I've flown internationally a few times, and when you get back from a 27 hour flight, you are absolutely slap happy.  These guys were no exception.  God protected them all the way, and it may be a while before Nancy wants rice again.  
Also, I've been trying to re-create a sweater by knitting as I go.  Here is the original sweater with the balls of yarn all around it.
I finished both sleeves this week.
Another great thing I got to check off my list is mailing out the annual New Year's letter and thank you cards for Christmas and birthday gifts.  Whew!  It was a huge job, but it got done.  Here is my brother.  He really IS a sweetheart. Don't let his good looks scare you.
Are we dramatic or what??  For more tackles, check out tackle it Tuesday.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Great tackle!

Faith said...

Looking good! I've always wanted to learn how to knit but have just never been able to get it!

Elisabeth said...

That's seems quite amazing that you're making a sweater just by looking at another. And you'll get to wear it.

Whenever I've tried my hand at sewing it seems as if my sleeves are too tight or the waist is. Hats off to you.

Mrs. Parunak said...

I am, as usual, in awe of your knitting ability. I found my pattern for knitted dish rags today, and I thought, "I don't remember how to do any of this. I'm not even sure how to cast on." Sigh, one of these days I hope to pick it up again.