Friday, January 30, 2009

Say it forward

Today I'm deciding to participate in a celebration of loyal commenters.  Comments.. don't they make you feel good?  Thanks Shana, for commenting so much! 
award
 
She posts menus, fun ideas, and thoughts about life.  She's thinking about going for the 30 meals in a month?  Should she do it?  

Speaking of meals, I actually cooked yesterday, without much fanfare or disaster.  And the dishwasher IS fixed.  After spreading out the dishwasher all over the kitchen and reassembling it, my DH says, "That was close! We almost had to have a service call!"  Yeah.. like everyone else's husband who is NOT an engineer WOULD  have made a service call.  I'm guessing the fuse cost about $9.00 or so.  Gotta love 'em, those engineer type of husbands.  What they lack in social skills, they definitely make up for in... everything else!!  Some are even cute, like mine for example.  

So where was I again?  Oh, cooking.  O.K. It is really need to get a menu going again.  Right now, I'm all confused about food.  Are we supposed to eat highly saturated fats or not? And what is this about soaking grains? Did I fall asleep somewhere in the kitchen? (it's that demon again)..  I need to go back to using recipes also.  Here's what I have discovered.. are you ready for this?  This is profound, so get out your pencils...

When you don't use a recipe, the food only turns out as well as your mood.   

So, it can be too salty, too sweet or too.. barfy? depending on the mood.  That does it.  I'm using recipes again.  

4 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

LOL! I know what ya mean about using recipes.

Linda

Shanna said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! And I love your blog, so why wouldn't leave a comment? You stop by my place often enough and share the love too! Not to mention you make me laugh. Oh my word! So, how are your "hot buns" doing these days?

Mrs. Parunak said...

I know what you mean about that soaking grains thing. It's supposed to be much better for you, but then how do you dry your grain out again before you put it in your grinder? And then, what WOULD I do when I just decide spur of the moment that I want to bake something. I can't just rush down to my wheat bucket in the basement and fill up a bowl. When you get it all figured out, you can let me know.

Organizing Mommy said...

Well, apparently, you grind the grains and then soak them in something called KEFIR. It's kind of a middle-eastern buttermilk? You let the grains kind of ferment on the counter and then make bread. That's about all I know, and I'm not sure I'm going to pursue it, unless that makes us happier than not doing it. ??