Tuesday, January 6, 2009

When I'm feeling blue..Works for Me

What works for me when I'm getting blue because everything is white and bleak and cold?  I have to admit--I'm an emotional person.  If the sun is shining, I'm happy.  If the days are long and dark, I'm blue.  So, what do I do?
I'm hoping that just by writing this, it will remind me of how temporary life is.  That short days that are dark are still wonderful because they are filled with people you love.  How much sadder it would be to be without loved ones?
Cold is hard, but being indoors is nice.  Candles can be lit and enjoyed as early at 4:30 p.m. Getting outside can be challenging, but it's also rewarding.  It makes you feel like you've conquered something just by getting out there.
When all is said and done, the majestic red cardinal reminds us that he is hardly visible when all is green and plush.  How much more do we appreciate him on days like today?

He comes for his food, rain or shine.  He is happy because his creator is smiling on him today.  Just thinking about him makes me smile. 




11 comments:

Megan@Disorder2Order said...

Very well put, thanks for the inspiration!

Shanna said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Your photos are beautiful, and encouraged me on this dark morning. Thank you!

Sherry said...

Beautiful pictures!! It isn't hard to see beauty if you really look!

Audra Krell said...

You are so kind to share this. I love the idea of the candles, I'm doing it this afternoon! Beautiful pics!

Your Frugal Friend, Niki said...

How inspiring!

:)

Kim@ForeverWherever said...

Beautiful photos! Stay warm!

Mrs. Parunak said...

And you can take beautiful pictures like these to remind yourself that God gives us lovely things even on bleak days.

bonavita said...

Beautiful post . . . your thoughts are encouraging! What lovely pictures - U.P.? That red cardinal is such a statement against the white winter background. Thanks for sharing.

Blue Castle said...

Beautiful pictures. Yes, I'm feeling a little cooped up and this is only the beginning of winter. Thank you for the timely reminder. :)

Lalena said...

Beautiful thoughts ~ Beautiful photos