Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blitz-It Friday #2

Grab My Blog Button!

Hey! It's time to blitz-it again. For those of you who are just blitzing for the first time, here are some great starting points.
Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Originally, I wrote about the one hour blitz and staying focused.

You can choose any length of time to work and any type of chores to work on. Not everyone has the physical stamina to "stay in the air" for an entire hour. Not to worry. You can make it a 10 minute blitz, every day for a week. (Hey that's 70 minutes!)

This week, I blitz on Monday and Thursday. I'm here to tell you that sometimes I don't have a lot of exciting things to report on. But the important thing is not how exciting it is but that it got done.

Both of the times, the tasks I accomplished were both "not fun" things. Monday's blitz consisted of handwashing for one entire hour, with a few minutes to start the soup.

Today's blitz was all about ironing clothes. I just ironed. It was a good thing though because my sweetheart desperately needed clothes, and I got 12 things done! Yeah!!



feeling before blitzing= overwhelmed
feeling during blitzing= tired but determined
feeling after blitzing= fabulous!!!

Are you ready to spend some time on focused blitzing??

Just make a dent in something. You'll need the blitzing post directions here.
And just for the fun of it, I have a happy little working song... to get you going! (I heart this movie)



Who's going to be the first to link up??




12 comments:

Blue Castle said...

I'm not the only one who saves their ironing until it takes 3 hours or more to finish? :) My poor husband was out of clothes this week too.

I blitzed today and it felt so good! I am going to try and do this every day. I think one hour of focused blitzing is better than 5 minutes here and there. At least for me. :)

Contemplative Mom said...

That is incredible. I don't think I could iron for an hour straight. Amazing!

My hubby is really appreciating the blitzing! I get so much done and feel so motivated. Thanks for encouraging us to get things done!

Krista said...

I'm going to blitz tomorrow & hopefully link up. But I just had to say your post made me laugh. I read that on Monday you spent the entire hour handwashing. And I thought, "Handwashing? How does it take a whole hour to wash hands? Maybe it was a homeschooling lesson on proper handwashing techniques?"

Then it occurred to me you were talking about dishes. :) It's been a long day here for me, so I needed that bit of laughter--thanks! Can't wait to get my blitzing done tomorrow during the kids' nap time!

Organizing Mommy said...

Yes, washing dishes by hand. There was a MOUNTAIN of them. It needed to be done, though!

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patricia said...

I linked to my post on cleaning out some of my kitchen cabinets, making a menu for the next month and a half, and making a grocery list for the next two weeks. I blitzed yesterday. I had to work today, and I didn't take pictures, but I did the blitz! It took me three hours for my blitz, which included 5 cabinets, but I did it! While being 7 months pregnant, I might add! Thanks for the inspiration to get off my tush and do something! Next week, I hope to finish my kitchen!

Sorry, I should have proofread my comment before posting it. I just couldn't leave it with so many errors! I had to fix them so my comment would make sense!

Contemplative Mom said...

It is wonderful to have the house clean heading into the weekend. Who wants to clean on the weekend?

I have not gotten to spend anytime in the Organizing book yet. I am hoping for a few quiet moments tonight, or this weekend!

Storm said...

Thanks for visiting my blog(s). I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.

Tami said...

I must say I'm liking this Blitzing. It makes me focus on the things that need to get done but aren't 'do or die' things. I just finished my blitz and I'm exhausted but really, really liking sitting at my freshly cleaned desk. (Even if I didn't get it ALL the way done!)

Megan said...

I may have to take your lead on the ironing. My hubby came home from work the other day and I was just mortified. I couldn't believe he left the house looking so wrinkled!

Mrs. Parunak said...

I so need to do some laundry blitzing. Today, I did finally manage to get all of last week's laundry folded, but I still have MOUNTAINS of laundry to get through, and I sure would like to be on top of that before the baby comes.

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

This is a great idea! I'll have to participate one of these days.

Also, I just had to leave a comment to say that I came in to my office to organize it this afternoon...and am reading your blog instead. :) Ooooh, the irony. :)

Anyway, I'm glad to have discovered your site (via Full Nest). I'll be back!