Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hudson turns 13: an interview with my son



So, Hud, you're turning 13 today, what's the best part of turning 13?

Getting a facebook account

You were born in Panama. Do you have any memories of that time?

Not really. My earliest memories were when we lived in North Dakota. I remember our house there and playing with my pooh bear and this fabric basketball.

When you started to grow up, we moved to Wisconsin. What do you remember about that?

I remember playing legos there. I remember meeting friends at Cubbies--specifically my friend, Granton.

When we moved to this house, you were five. What do you remember about moving to Illinois?

I remember Joanna showing me under the deck and how cool it was. We could play under there, and that was fun. I remember thinking that this house was very big.

So, today your life's activities consist of what?

I do school, playing, practicing my cello, church, eating and sleeping. (emphasis on eating)

What are your favorite things to eat?

I like lasagna. I like coffee--moo latte. I liked grilled chicken with the grilled peppers.

If you could have a perfect day (on earth), what would it be?

We'd probably be at Spruce Lake, and we'd have a bunch of relatives there. And it would be in the summer, and we'd have to go swimming. That would be fun.

What relatives would you want there?

Uncle Tony, and Aunt Kim and grandma and grandpa Parlato.. and as many as possible...

What do you think about the cello?

It's fun playing it. I like playing: Gavotte, Two Grenadiers, and Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.

What are your favorite movies?

I like: Pirates of the Caribbean, the Chronicles of Narnia, and all of the Disney Pixar movies.

What are your favorite books?

I like the Chronicles of Narnia and the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. I like the Bible, the stories of David (Chronicles and Samuel).

What is your current schooling? and do you like it?

I am homeschooled, but I go to a co-op once a week. The teacher gives you assignments that you do throughout the week and you turn them in the next week. But now it's spring break.
I like it, but sometimes it gets pretty boring. My favorite class is Literature. It's fun reading all the cool books. And my literature teacher is nice.

Do you have any complaints about your life at this time?

The dishwasher is broken, and we only have three drivers. I am looking forward to driving because driving looks fun. Getting up is kind of hard in the morning. I'd like a little higher allowance.. and more times a month.



Speaking of allowance, you have to buy your own clothes and shoes with your allowance. Do you like this system?

Yes, because if you save for a month without buying anything, you can buy whatever you want the next month.

Like a Ferrari?

a matchbox car? yes,

Anything else you would like the world to know?

You should check out my blog.

Happy Birthday Hudson!!

5 comments:

To Visit My said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MommaMindy said...

Jena, I can't believe Hudson is a teenager - I think I need to pull out some of those old pics of the weddings between our children.....so thankful to be in touch again! Love you!

Mrs. Parunak said...

What a cool way to celebrate (and commemorate) a birthday!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Hudson!
I love that he ENJOYS playing the cello. As a music teacher(violist at heart)I get so excited to hear when children enjoy their instruments.
This was a really great way to share his birthday will us, and to learn a little bit more about your family!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hudson,The blog entry was a great way to tap your brain. Thank you for including Gramps and me among the favs for a perfect day. Yncle Tony and Aunt Kim would be thrilled!
We love the Bud!
Gram and Gramps!