Monday, March 23, 2009

I wish this day had a theme..

Lately, I've been eating a lot of these:


Do you know what they are? that's right. They are garbanzo beans, or chick peas. They are so yummy! My new favorite food is called: hummus.. sounds like: love us. I modify this recipe here: hummus. (It's the third recipe listed) Instead of using canned beans, I cook my own. Instead of using crushed red pepper, I use a jalapeno pepper (about half) I throw it all in the food processor. Yummy. Last night, I just served hummus and pita chips for dinner. YUM.

Here is something I finished recently:

that's right: ONE sock. Now I just have to make another one. LOL! It will probably be July before I finish the other one. So, if you are at blogher and you see me cruising around wearing wool socks in July, you'll know that I had to just show them off!!

Also, I'm posting over at 5 minutes for mom today about "bagging up my life". It's how I keep the many activities of my life going through containing them in "bags". Happy tackling Tuesday. Can you guess what's in this bagged compartment of my life?


teaching supplies! Don't forget about blitzing on Friday!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I like hummus too. Although i'm working at making it have more flavor. I've tried sundried tomatoes, but haven't quite caught the hang of it yet. I have dried chickpeas, but have chickened out & used canned so far. At least Eden Organics don't use plastic inside their cans!

Good luck with the second sock.

What's blitzing on Friday? Never mind - i'll look it up!

Thanks.

Sally's Chateau said...

I'm going to creep over to 5 minutes for Mom and see how to organize myself .......I'm not holding out much hope mind !!

Jena said...

I was over on 5 Minutes for Mom and saw that you were guest posting and they listed your as Jena (that's how I spell my name). I don't see that too often. My name is pronounced like Gina, but spelled Jena. I just had to come over here and check out another Jena.

Lynette said...

Hi, I like your blog. Come on over to mine and see what I've got. You'll have to read some older posts about homeschooling. This UBP seems to be taking up alot of my posting recently. I will get back to normal in a few days!

newlyweds said...

Cute sock, we love hummus also!