Sunday, March 29, 2009

Make your home sing.. #1

MomsTheWord

This week I decided to participate in Mom's the Word: Make your home sing. It's about ideas that make you more successful as a homemaker or good habits that get you going.

This is what I do for myself in the morning to make me and my home sing.

I try to wake up (coffee) and read my Bible and take notes while I'm reading.

We do devotions with the kids on most mornings, so we try to encourage them to read their own Bibles after that.

I do some great things for myself after that:
(in about 20 minutes) I can:

Get dressed, do my hair, and put my shoes on
Make my bed and tidy up the room
Pull the blinds and greet the day!

For more singing home ideas, visit: momstheword.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

LOL..oh my gosh...that almost sounds like my morning!!!

I participated in this too! I think it is wonderful!!!

BoufMom9 said...

Great ideas! Love that you have the kids reading thier bibles in the morning. I am going back to homeschooling next year and will definitely re-incorporate that into our morning.
Blessings!

ps You can find my post here:
http://loveisnewadditionstothefamily.blogspot.com/

momstheword said...

I love how you're starting your day (and you children's day) in the Word!

It's funny what you said about pulling the blinds and greeting the day. I've noticed on days when I'm tired and not feeling well that I open the blinds alot later in the day, than on days when I'm feeling fine.

I guess it means I'm not ready to face the day yet on those other days, lol!

Thank you for joining us today!

Eli's Lids said...

You do your hair... wow you are on top of it!! I love that you get up early to do your own devotions. That is something I'm really trying to work toward. I'm not a morning gal but staying up till 11pm doesn't help much!!

kathy said...

If it is nice out, I sit on the deck with my coffee and pet Lego, the golden retriever - we have a view of the mountains so this is very peaceful for me. If the weather is yucky, I curl up in my chair in my bedroom with a low, lit light on and relax with my coffee - just waiting to start my day as soon as my coffee cup is empty. I am already dressed, hair brushed and pulled back, ready to start breakfast and hear the noises of the house waking up. :)

Erin said...

I really struggle with mornings if I've decided that exercise is part of my day because my days go so much better if I hop out of bed and take a shower, rather than throwing on my exercise clothes and getting the kids started, then exercising, then showering. The way mom starts the morning is how the whole day goes...I've got to come up with a solution...yours makes me want to chuck exercise in favor of smooth mornings!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Good stuff! Fun to know about your morning routine.