Sunday, March 8, 2009

Menu Plan for March 8-14, 2008



Have you ever planned a menu, bought the groceries, and then proceeded to eat all of the food like.. in two days?

Me neither. But if I did, I would never blame my impulsive nature, and teens who eat a lot or having a love for having big groups of people over. I'm WAaaaaaaay too structured and self-disciplined for that.

So, now that we've got that out of our systems, let's see what we can do with the food that is LEFT from my crazy weekend.

Monday: Mexican Lasagna (trying a new recipe)
Tuesday: cream of broccoli soup
Wednesday: big honey-baked spiral ham, potatoes, greens
Friday: wild rice soup
Sat: eat out or split pea soup with leftover ham

Did you see my new scone recipe? I'll probably make that this week also.

Are you completely at a loss for menu planning? As you know, the organizing junkie has a TON of menu planning ideas, recipes, and helpful hints. My favorite page of hers is hers for recipe links, all of which would be great if I used any of them.. LOL.

I also have come across another free resource, and it is a great value. Econobusters is hosting a free menu planning e-book for signing up for their newsletter. She sent me a free copy and asked me to share it with my readers. I just looked at mine, and it's got some great ideas in it. Essentially, you are planning a month worth of meals and re-using the menu and grocery lists each week. Sounds very efficient to me!

The internet is full of free help. As it is with everything, it is NOT lack of information that keeps us from getting organized.. it's lack of motivation. So, you can call that your butt-kicking, if you'd like to.

I think I'll go put away one or two mountains of laundry, unless of course, I want to throw some blankets on top of them and call it "new upholstery"...??

3 comments:

L2L said...

okay so I go over the top and plan for a whole month. I so do not like going grocery shopping with 3 very active kids, so I only do it once a month and send dh for anything we run out of, lol.

Nathanael said...

Nope, never have, never will. JK! Mom, guess who got a twitter! http://twitter.com/thantheman Make sure to follow me!!

Your son....

Mrs. Parunak said...

I like your new furnishings idea. So creative.