Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blitz-It Friday # 6

Grab My Blog Button!

Hey! It's time to blitz-it again. For those of you who are just blitzing for the first time, here are some great starting points.
Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Originally, I wrote about the one hour blitz and staying focused.

You can choose any length of time to work and any type of chores to work on. Not everyone has the physical stamina to "stay in the air" for an entire hour. Not to worry. You can make it a 10 minute blitz, every day for a week. (Hey that's 70 minutes!)
----------------------
So, this is "recovery week" for us.  We arrived on Monday at dinnertime.  Since we had exhausted ourselves on restaurant food during the week, I opted to cook, despite my dear husband's offer to eat out again.   So, we got the stuff in but not put away.  

The next day is Tuesday--our big co-op school day.  We made it out the door, at least those who weren't sick, and went to classes.  So, I didn't even start working on the Mt. Laundry until Wednesday.  

I don't know about you, but sometimes the blitz goes really fast, and I get a lot done.  This week everything went VERY slowly.  What I am about to report is not that impressive, in the sense of getting a lot done in a short period of time.  But I hope you, like me, rejoice in any form of work getting done in any length of time--especially when you are feeling tired!

It took two hours.  Instead of starting the laundry, I put all of the dirty clothes in the hallway and then took all of the clothes out of the closet.  Since I have a ton of clothes out anyway, why not change the summer/ spring clothes over?  So, here we are: summer clothes ready to roll.


summer shoes updated too!
Here's a bag of stuff that is being donated.  (It even left the house today!) Yeah!!  

So, just the sorting and moving of clothes took a 2 hour blitz.
Today, I did a one hour blitz folding the 5 +loads and putting them away, and getting the extra furniture moved out of the bedroom for the free Kirby shampooing.. (and free sales pitch) but We didn't buy!  I am still shocked at that. Here's the bedroom with the laundry put away and just the bed in the room...

Hey?  Who's that sleeping in my bed? 

So, let's link up and show off 'yer stuff
----------------------

4 comments:

Denise said...

Congrats on getting the seasonal clothing switch done, I NEED to get busy on that but have decided I need MORE storage totes before I can start.

Mrs. Parunak said...

I'd say that's a pretty good blitz. I need to get my clothes switched around just as soon as the baby is born so I can do a maternity/non-maternity switch as well.

mamajuliana said...

I am halfway through the seasonal closet change-now both winter and summer are in there together!

Tomorrow morning I am going to finish up what I started-we will definitely have a donation bag when I am done.

As I type this our son is knee deep in his closet trying to rid himself of clothes that don't fit anymore. He is 17 and 6'5"- and still growing!

Hopefully I will get around to taking pics of the result-but yours is much neater than ours will be I'm afraid!

Diane said...

I blitzed yesterday too but didnt post about it on my blog . I should have but I will tell you here. I cleaned the kitchen, wiped down the stove, wiped down the counters, emptied dishwasher and refilled it too.
I vaccummed the living room and cleaned off the computer desk. I felt really good accomplishing so much but so much more to do this week. I have been really busy for the past two weeks and have neglected my home and then last week I came down sick with the flu. Now I think I may have a sinus infection. Yikes!!!!!!
This week the blitzes will be about laundry and getting it under control.