Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blitz-It Friday # 7 survival blitz

Grab My Blog Button!

Hey! It's time to blitz-it again. For those of you who are just blitzing for the first time, here are some great starting points.
Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Originally, I wrote about the one hour blitz and staying focused.

You can choose any length of time to work and any type of chores to work on.  Basically, I am just trying to challenge my own ability to focus and be productive in the home.  You can join in the fun--it's easy!
---------------------------
What I did this week:

This is one of those crazy weeks where I had the food purchased, planned and organized, but not enough time to be productive in the kitchen! What I did manage to cook left a huge wake in the culinary sea!  Rather than shovel all my dishes into the trash can, I decided to blitz the kitchen! 

 The last few weeks of school for co-oping homeschoolers is... nuts!!  So, while my kids were helping each other finish up their projects and homework for the co-op expose' "A Night at the Museum", I was trying to figure out how they were going to eat and transport themselves to the various activities without loosing a child or chipping a tooth.. Oh wait! The tooth was chipped this morning by a child who fell in the shower. So, add an emergency trip to the dentist in with the various things, and you've got our life. This sort of life leaves you with a messy house, as some of you may know!

So, I set the timer for an hour hoping to make a dent!

In one hour:
loaded dishwasher and ran it
handwashed everything
started a batch of black beans in the pressure cooker
put a load of dishrags in the washer/ ran load
swept and mopped the floor
turned off beans, let cool
and five minutes left:
folded a batch of towels and put them away!  

So, then I waited for my hubby to get home, and we had a light dinner of black beans, cheese, salsa and organic blue corn chips--yummy.  

So, let's link up and show off 'yer stuff
----------------------

7 comments:

momstheword said...

Isn't it amazing what you can do in an hour? Even just a ten minute pick up can improve things around here, lol!

We did homeschool co-op for years. But the kids eventually got older and got tired of it. Also, my husband is a pastor and we wanted to be home that day and just do light school so we quit after years and years of it.

However, I highly recommend it for homeschoolers because it was a great experience!

Organizing Mommy said...

This co-op is a highly academic college-prep co-op so it is really geared for the older kids. They have classes for the younger ones also, but the focus is on the highschool stuff. They love it, and I am so indebted!

Contemplative Mom said...

Sounds like a crazy week! Great job with the blitz. Sometimes its the only way I get anything done! Thanks for hosting. This is always an inspiration for me!

Megan said...

Thank you so much for hosting your weekly blitz. It keeps me so focused on my housework.

Ruby said...

Friday afternoons are our regular home school get togethers. We don't do academics though, mostly sport, play and some excursions.
We do finish up school things in the morning and try to leave the house in some sort of order before leaving:o)

Eos Mom said...

Great job! I had a busy week and didn't manage to blitz. But considering I have a houseguest coming Sunday night, there should be lots of blitzing this weekend, so tune in next Friday for my report;-) It feels so good to share when I've been productive (now I just have to BE productive).

Blue Castle said...

I love the Blitz. It's such a great concept. I'm saving up some good stuff to Blitz here when I get a moment to really tackle it. :)