Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blitz-It Friday #4

Grab My Blog Button!

Hey! It's time to blitz-it again. For those of you who are just blitzing for the first time, here are some great starting points.
Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Originally, I wrote about the one hour blitz and staying focused.

You can choose any length of time to work and any type of chores to work on. Not everyone has the physical stamina to "stay in the air" for an entire hour. Not to worry. You can make it a 10 minute blitz, every day for a week. (Hey that's 70 minutes!)

---------------------------------------------------
My blitzing for the week:

Today I did a one hour blitz when I got in from Lake Geneva--what a blast, by the way!

So, when I got home, we had the boys bring the suitcases in the house and I

1. brought all the suitcases to the correct rooms
2. put the dirty laundry in the laundry room
3. unpacked all clean laundry and put them away
4. put away all of the clean laundry that my mother did while we were gone
5. put away the cosmetics and bathroom stuff
6. put away the fabric and sewing supplies
7. Made a batch of hummus
(one minute left on timer)...

grabbed a diet coke, put my feet up and had a little hummus and tortilla chips! 
YUM.  And then... only then did I check my email and open the computer!  (self control, or what????)

So, what sort of blitzing did you guys do?  Tell me that your home is sparkling!  Tell me that procrastination is being chased away by your eternal optimism and domestic blissdom-ness as well as a little blitzing-motivator!!  

Let's link up!

6 comments:

Ruby said...

I love No 4 on your list. Aren't mothers great!
I was blessed by one of my adult daughters coming over on Wednesday and she and I blitzed this old house for about 2 hours. I have a few limitations so she did the heavier stuff, mopping etc and I tidied (and watched her baby:o).Someone's got to do the tough stuff! Daughters are such a blessing too!!
Ruby

Denise said...

I'm in awe of your self control. Anytime I'm away from the computer for more than a few hours I have to check e-mail immediately when I arrive home.

Mrs. Parunak said...

I'm in awe of your self-control, too. I check my e-mail WAY too many times a day. I guess that's the beauty of the blitz--no getting sidetracked. Mmm. And your snack sounds good, too. I think I may need to break out that bottle of caffeine free Coke my hubby brought me the other night when I was having a pregnant craving.

Contemplative Mom said...

Amazing Blitz! Definitely not the way I spend my first hour arriving home from a trip, but it must have felt great to have all that done!

Kelsey said...

I think blogging about a blitz is an awesome motivator. I blogged before, telling my plans, and then after. I wanted to have a good report to post next instead of, "After putting in a load of laundry, I checked my email and read blogs..." Thanks for the exhortation!

Blue Castle said...

Told you I'd make it this week - even if it is by the skin of my teeth. :) I love The Blitz! Thank you for hosting this. It's so motivating for me. :)