Hey! It's time to blitz-it again. For those of you who are just blitzing for the first time, here are some great starting points.
Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
You can choose any length of time to work and any type of chores to work on. Not everyone has the physical stamina to "stay in the air" for an entire hour. Not to worry. You can make it a 10 minute blitz, every day for a week. (Hey that's 70 minutes!)
My blitzing for the week:
Today I did a one hour blitz when I got in from Lake Geneva--what a blast, by the way!
So, when I got home, we had the boys bring the suitcases in the house and I
1. brought all the suitcases to the correct rooms
2. put the dirty laundry in the laundry room
3. unpacked all clean laundry and put them away
4. put away all of the clean laundry that my mother did while we were gone
5. put away the cosmetics and bathroom stuff
6. put away the fabric and sewing supplies
7. Made a batch of hummus
(one minute left on timer)...
grabbed a diet coke, put my feet up and had a little hummus and tortilla chips!
YUM. And then... only then did I check my email and open the computer! (self control, or what????)
So, what sort of blitzing did you guys do? Tell me that your home is sparkling! Tell me that procrastination is being chased away by your eternal optimism and domestic blissdom-ness as well as a little blitzing-motivator!!
If you need, the blitzing post are directions here.
Let's link up!