Monday, April 6, 2009

Reporting in from Lake Geneva

I'm here at Lake Geneva Youth Camp with my husband and son, Jamie (Robotdude). All the rest of the kids and grandma are back home in Rockford. What are we doing in Lake Geneva? Other than just having fun, the men have a faithful men's Bible conference, and I'm just tagging along, hanging out. Originally, I was slated to serve food, but there was a miscommunication, so they really don't need us to do anything.

So, I'm here basically without responsibilities for three whole days. I've brought my sewing machine, and I'm working on designing a pattern for the ULTIMATE gym bag. We'll see how ultimate it is when I finish it.

We have a very slow internet connection here, so I may not be blogging much if this does not improve. We'll still blitz on Friday, so get ready for that.

I had to make a difficult decision regarding my tackle it tuesday job with 5 Minutes for Mom. Basically, I'm sort of a dunce, as far as computers go, and I was actually creating work for them by not being able to upload photos on their Wordpress program. So, this is my last week as resident tackler over there. They did not fire me; I just decided to quit and hope they find someone else who is a little more computer-savvy.

But, I will post as a guest tackler as often as they need it. So, that should be fun. Sometimes it feels good to drop a few things from the schedule. This month, I dropped three things. That is amazing for me. My goal is to keep the schedule clear from any new REGULAR committments. I still teach on Tuesdays, and I still teach pilates on Wednesdays and Fridays. But that is it. It feels good to lighten the load.

So, I may be unplugged for a few days, which may not be a bad thing.

5 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Have a wonderful time on your mini-vacation! I hope your gym bag is truly ULTIMATE.

Daisy said...

Have a great mini-vacation! Unplug and relax.

Denise said...

I hope you enjoyed your break.

Marcia Francois said...

Hi, I haven't seen your new blog design before so I had to comment to say.... I LOVE IT

enjoy your time away and well done on decluttering your commitments :)

synge lucia said...

Possess a fantastic period in your mini-vacation! I really hope your own fitness center tote is really GREATEST.


Buy Fifa 14 Coins
Buy elo boost