Sunday, April 26, 2009

Singing in the home

MomsTheWord

So, what makes my home sing?  Well, I like to sing.  I really do.  I may not be this gal: 



but she is such an inspiration, don't you think?  

She is described as a "church worker" from "the village" before she got famous overnight on Britain's got Talent, reality show.  She's so cute.  

I think what makes our home sing is just the ability to rejoice in super small things.  When I get all wrapped around the axle over stuff.. just stuff.. that won't matter too much down the road in a couple of years.. and then I wonder..

What was it that kept this little church worker (Susan Boyle) singing.. ?  Did she even sing in her church or was she just filing papers or something?  Maybe she was singing to the Lord all those years while answering the phone or cleaning the toilets?    I hope I can just keep singing to the Lord too... little organizing mommy who writes about how much fun it is to do one hour's worth of housework??  or make green pasta  or laugh at the most recent new best friend incident?  

Yes, I think I can.  I can keep singing.. here in my little world.  Read more singing homes at Moms the Word.

6 comments:

momstheword said...

I loved your post! So true. To remember to take joy in the little things, and to be faithful in the little things.

Because, in the end, the little things really do sometimes turn out to be the big things, you know? And the big things turn out to not really matter at all sometimes!

Thank you for joining us today!

Relishing Life said...

How true!! The small things in our life are usually the most important - like that sweet hug from our little one. Enjoy the little things as you keep singing!

Erin said...

Definitely right on target with this post. I would bet her singing was a source of personal joy as she approached the mundane. (I'm just happy she decided to share it with us.) How we approach the little things says a lot about our core selves, don't you think? Keep singing!

thequeenmommy said...

Wow - God has been really speaking to me about this. How MY attitude just bleeds over to the rest of my family and it is SO true! I loved your "wrapped around the axle" analogy - that is something for me to remember! And rejoicing in the little things and letting go of the big things would be SUCH a blessing to my family. Thank you for sharing this!

Bobbi Jo said...

Here singing was so beautiful and I loved the look of shock on every ones faces.
With out the small things like a giggle of a child or hubby giving us a hug as he walks by we would have not much. Great post! Keep your house a singing. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Mrs. Parunak said...

Wonderful thoughts! It's so easy for me to forget to enjoy the small things. I need to take delight in all my many blessings, and sing about them, too.