Friday, April 24, 2009

So why is my underwear binding anyway?

So, I'm a little uptight, high strung, type A, whatever you want to call it.. and yes, I think, at times, my underwear binds.  

I've come to the strange realization that everyone who has these tendencies (including myself) can't seem to come to grips with the facts that others, particularly the children of aforementioned  individual, are not really interested in becoming their mother.  They, in fact, want to be themselves.  

Not my children, mind you.  nooooooooo.  

Someone else's children.  Someone else's children really do not get uptight when homework is late or not turned in at all.  Nor do they seem to get nervous when they may fail British Lit and not be able to register for classes for their senior year of high school.  After all, these sorts of people get into college based on their good looks, right?  Or perhaps their are specific colleges for people who do not wear tight underwear?  The boxer-shorts college of underachievers.  Come here where everybody's homework is great, even if it's late.  

Good.  I'm hoping that the recruiter for boxer shorts colleges of underachievers will saunter up to my door and hand us an application because no one around here is too uptight about it either way.  


4 comments:

momstheword said...

Hahahaha! My 20 year old over achiever 4.0 student takes his college schoolwork VERY seriously!

But he wasn't quite as serious about it in earlier years, maybe because he was homeschooled....I don't know.

But he spends hours on it, and it's very important to him to keep his 4.0.

The funny thing is, once or twice I've found myself telling him to go to bed, and not worry about getting an A or not, lol!

Deb said...

You must be my separated-at-birth twin - thanks for making the binding underwear sound fun :-)

Erin said...

If it makes you feel any better, we deal with the same thing. Sadly, the truth is the world has lower expectations for him than you do and, as of yet, my son has never reaped the consequences of his actions...he's in college and doing well, despite his often lack-luster approach. It is a different world, Mom, let him teach you about it. (Then come blog when you want to pull your hair out!)

Anonymous said...

Now that that's off your chest.. perhaps the boxer shorts college needs a full time organizer. Job apps found anywhere and nowhere. Ahh.. this too shall pass. Gotta love 'em.
Mom