Monday, May 11, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday: the garden!!

Before I get into this tackle, I HAVE to show you these pictures.
Here is Joanna flanked by two friends: Caroline and Shannen.
Jo and her big brother, Jamie.
The tall guy is Shawn (Shannen's brother) in the back.  They were all going out to a homeschool  "Inaugural Ball".  It was the end of the year party for the 8th--12th graders at our co-op.  Will and I sneaked into the ball and looked out over the balcony.  It was so sweet to see the kids enjoying themselves in a wholesome way.  

They only had a day to recover before: the GARDEN PROJECT...

Before right side..  Look at the tree and the grass.  That area is now all plowed up to the left side of the tree.  First, they burned down the burn pile.
Before Right side.  If you look at the two yellow bushes in the back, you can use that as a visual gauge to see how big the garden became...
We rented a tiller and tripled the size of the existing garden plot.  On the right we have already started planting some seeds.

We have planted about 1/3 of it.  I am trying a bunch of different seeds.  

So, keep looking here for more garden progress each week!  For more tackles, visit 5 minutes for mom.  And don't forget to check back on Thursday night to link up your blitzing!!  

10 comments:

Krista said...

Ahhh! These pictures make me miss Rockford, the Midwest, and The Big Sky! I forget how much of the sky you can see when there are no hills & mountains blocking your way. :) Good job on the garden project--I'm trying not to be jealous. My yard is a crazy huge hill right now....maybe in the next house we'll have a garden!

momstheword said...

What beautiful pictures of the kids! They look gorgeous all dressed up, how fun!

Your garden pictures are great. Very ambitious of you. I want a garden but I just don't want to do the work to make one, lol!

L2L said...

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. Your tackles just amaze me. guess if I even had a yard I could think about competing with you in that area but no such luck this duty station, lol. try this

(<) strike (>) what ever you want to strike through (<)/strike(>)
only just ues the alligator mouths not the () had to add that so it would let me comment. let me know if this helps!!!!
html codes, rock!!!!

UKZoe said...

Oooh another garden tackle!

Buffie said...

Wow, you have a nice big garden now. Great tackle.

Susie said...

Beautiful kids!! Awesome garden tackle!!

shopannies said...

they all look really pretty and your garden looks well on its way

Upstatemomof3 said...

They look so nice and how cool that they still get dances and stuff even though they homeschool (I know WAY too little about homeschooling apparently). I am totally impressed with the garden though. :)

newlyweds said...

The kids look great all dressed up. Love a big garden, but if your like us you quickly run out of refrigerator space.

Mrs. Parunak said...

Good for you! I'm still hopeful that I'll get our garden all in in the next few weeks, too. It just all depends on how my baby sleeps in the mornings.