Thursday, June 18, 2009

BLITZ-It Friday # 14: BIG PROJECT EDITION 3

Grab My Blog Button!

This week you can link up a regular blitz and/or a big project edition. Because we had company, I was not able to work on my big project, but I did get a one hour blitz in.

The garage is basically orderly, but it only takes a short time for the clutter to start creeping in as pictured:


The garage ends up being the dumping ground for the items that I need to get rid of or need to find a new home for.

So, I set the timer for an hour, and for the first 12 minutes I just moved things into piles.
1. Trash
2. Donation
3. Gardening
4. recycling
5. in house
6. pitchforks and rakes
7. Car maintenance

After a while, I asked the kids to come out and help haul things.

and sweep! (Thanks, crew!) With their help, it took less than an hour. I'm spoiled, I know!


These were not part of the blitz, but I wanted to show you a cupboard that I found on the side of the road (last year?) and made it into a car supply area.

Also, this is not completely up to speed, but all like items are together. I could not give away this desk on freecycle, so I decided to keep it and use it for a potting shed/area.

Also, another great find from a garage sale (2 weeks ago). This is all cedar 3/4" paneling/ boards. (for a very good price) Not sure what the project is exactly, but I know a certain young lady is hoping for a hope chest....


----



Are you working on your big projects? Sorry I couldn't get mine done this week. I'll have to do double next week!


----



New to blitzing? Here are some links to get you started:

Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Read about the: one hour blitz and staying focused.
Also, blitzing with kids is a blast if you are an airchair general.

3 comments:

Ruby said...

Sorry I linked to the first one not the big project!
Ruby

Mrs. Parunak said...

Great work! I like your car maintenance cupboard.

Edith said...

Don't get discouraged that there are not many people posting on this with you...I just read this post for the first time..haven't figured out how to link along...have lots of "little" projects to do this summer...and will now be adjusting to having hubby at home with boys.