Monday, June 1, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday: Garden update/ and craft supply update

Tackle It Tuesday Meme
Oh, lately I wonder if I haven't become a "human-doing" rather than a "human being" because of all of the doings-on here.  Well, I still have some basic human responses and conversation skills, so I haven't launched into blitz-ville too much. 

So, what did we tackle in the garden this week?

Well, Emily and I took a "shopping trip" to look for some perennials.  This is looking down upon a ...
foxglove..

Here's looking at the entire "patch" which I hope will be happy next to the veggie garden and the compost.  
Lettuce is a little bigger too!
That is a tomato plant of some sort..

Inside this massive trunk is a lifetime supply of wool for wool projects. I make hooked rugs with all of this, but lately it has gotten out of control. 

Before: all the snarled up wooly mess..
After: all the wool separated into garbage bags by color. (That brilliant idea was Joanna's!  So nice to have a smart daughter. ) 


Since I've already made several rugs out of this stuff, Joanna came up with a plan to help me reduce my inventory.  Anybody in the local area who would like to learn how to make a rug, just come to my house and I'll teach you how and give you free supplies and all.  What a good deal is that??  Any takers?  FREE.

For more tackles, visit: 5 minutes for MOM
...

10 comments:

Tim, Allyson, Emahry, and Jonathan said...

Where in the world do you live? Oh, I'd love to learn, but I'm sure you are far away from me :(

Kathryn said...

I've forgotten. Where is "local"? I'm sure it is not close to me. Sigh.

Nice job organizing. :)

Organizing Mommy said...

O.K. Rockford, IL is where I live, apx. 2 hours west of Chicago, 3 hours from Iowa, 4 hours from Green Bay, 8 hours to Kentucky, 8 hours from upper Michigan, 5 hours to Grand Rapids, MI. Does that help? You can spend the night, if you want.

Ruby said...

I think perhaps I'll just buy my own wool and save the air fair! but thanks for the offer!!!

Organizing Mommy said...

Ruby!! No. You HAVE to come to the states. The wool is just an incentive!

Danielle said...

This is all pretty impressive! I wish our garden looked like this! I have to leave it up to my husband becuase of my allergies. Our vegetable garden just go put in last week. Check out my Tackle It Tuesday here.

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

The flowers are gorgeous! I want to buy some more but we are in the beginning stages of painting the house. So the flowers will have to wait. OH well, maybe in the fall!

Ruby said...

Oh definately!If I make a trip to the US it will be to make a rug!!!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Oh, I would love to come learn to make a rug! Maybe someday...

Jena said...

Too bad that I don't live close because I would take you up on your offer. I have ALWAYS wanted to learn how to rug hook. I guess I'll have to see what I can find on You Tube (but I really do better first hand). Great organization.