Thursday, July 16, 2009

BlITZ-It Friday # 18: BIG PROJECT EDITION 7

Grab My Blog Button!

Welcome to another week of blitzing! This week I had another commenter (new to my blog) say she tried the blitz and really enjoyed it. It was so encouraging. Even if you don't participate in memes, I appreciate those of you who have told me that you enjoy "the blitz" around the house.

I use some form of blitzing almost every day. Today was a big day because I wanted to coordinate a clean home AND a nice meal AND do some weekly cleaning, including laundry.

One thing I do for myself and the kids is coordinate work sessions rather than have them be "on call" all day. In that way, they can have some time to do the important things on their lists and feel some sense of accomplishment in the things they are pursuing (reading books, studying for the SAT, or music.. etc.) So, today, I launched some pretty heavy tasks (cleaning bathrooms, making bread, etc.) but tried to keep them down to 30-40 minute sessions. They still had plenty of time for other things.

This kept attitudes in check and made it easier on everyone. Since we had a lot of work to do, I did 3 blitz sessions with the kids, but the last one was only 10 minutes--getting the last minute preparations for dinner guests.


As for my big project, I did not do any more sorting.. (bad, mommy) I think I'd like to modify my goals for the summer to just finish the sorting of pictures and scan in things as I have time. If 18 years worth of photos can be sorted through and maybe whittled down to maybe 1800 photos altogether (100 per year?), that might be a good accomplishment for the summer.

Also, I would like the big projects to be completed in by week 10. What do you think? Can we wrap up our accomplishments in 3 weeks?



New to blitzing? Here are some links to get you started:

Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Read about the: one hour blitz and staying focused.
Also, blitzing with kids is a blast if you are an airchair general.

Glad you could join us!

3 comments:

L2L said...

hey, i've missed coming round, seems like its hit or miss. I have so much to update when hubby gets back with my camera. my big blitz is right on track, thats for the motivation!!!!

Kathryn said...

I'm looking forward to blitzing some day. Currently more than 10 minutes wears me out so much. But i'm sure my health will improve at some time in the future & am looking forward to using your principles. :)

Eos Mom said...

Just wanted to let you know that for whatever reason I can't see a linky thing but I did do a post on my blog yesterday. :-)