Thursday, July 23, 2009

BlITZ-It Friday # 19: BIG PROJECT EDITION 8

Grab My Blog Button!

Welcome to another week of blitzing! This week I forced myself to spend another 45 minutes in my dungeon. (My mother says that I shouldn't call it a dungeon because that has negative connotations) O.K. I'll call it a cavern. How about sepulchre? still negative, eh? Well, at the moment, I can't think of anything beautiful. If I do a transformation on the space, I'll call it something beautiful like: Veronica or Helen of Troy. Right now, it's Madge, and that's not good. (if your name is Madge, I'm sorry. It has slight connections with the movie: Fargo in my head)

Anyway, after 13 minutes, I was exhausted. Ugh. I need to get a grip and make some decisions. Do you often feel that way about a hard job? It's not the actual labor of carrying and moving things that is hard. It's the "I don't know what to do with THIS!" feeling that occurs about 17 times every time I try to clean, sort, organize these things.

I can't get rid of it, but I can't keep it either.

Now, if it were somebody else's stuff, no problem. I'd be telling them, "It's junk. Get rid of it."

I think I need to get my little self down there and pretend it's someone else's stuff.

That's it. I'm going to pretend that I'm working as a professional organizer for someone else--someone who wants it to look nice and is NOT a pack rat.

There! What sort of mental games do you play to get it clean??



Next week, I am hoping that everyone can wrap up their big projects. After next week, I'll be switching up the blitz (again) and hopefully offer some prizes for those of you who have been so faithful all summer to complete your projects and/or participate faithfully in this meme. I am also going to make it a lot easier to participate in the theme and get organized at the same time.

Mr. Linky has changed, and if you do not see a link, put your link in your comments, OK?


New to blitzing? Here are some links to get you started:

Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Read about the: one hour blitz and staying focused.
Also, blitzing with kids is a blast if you are an airchair general.

Glad you could join us!

2 comments:

Contemplative Mom said...

So sad to have missed Blitz-it Friday last week. We were still blitzing, but I never found time to post about all our hard work.

Here is my post about this week: http://contemplativemom.blogspot.com/2009/07/blitz-it-friday-big-project-moving-3.html

Mrs. Parunak said...

My favorite mental game is imagining my children having to sort through all my junk after I'm dead. If I don't think they'd want it, then it really shouldn't get to stay.