Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Frugal Fashionista



I got this great idea from: Balancing Bedlam and Beauty. She is a fabulous bargain shopper. In fact, she has a real knack for finding bargain shoes. I am a shoe snob, and I almost always buy my shoes retail. So, while my bargains often pale in comparison to hers, this summer has been rather noteworthy in the fashionista department.

One day last week, some of my kids and I were out at our favorite thrift store, Thrifty Boutique. And, be still my heart... they were having a 50 % off sale!! For you Rockford locals, It's at the corner of Broadway and 7th.

So, to deck ourselves appropriately for the shopping day, I have on: some denim culottes (garage sale $2.00), a turquoise cami (retail $8.00) and a Liz Claiborne 3/4 sleeve jacket (Goodwill, $5.25) and jewelry from Joanna. Total cost: $12.25


While I was out at the Thrifty Boutique, I found my favorite outfit of the summer: this ensemble (below). Ralph Lauren button down/ very light weight! ($3.50) and lightweight denim gored skirt with frayed edge hem ($3.00), Jewelry: Joanna ($6.50 total) I must admit I feel skinny in this outfit--especially with the shoes!




Also: same retail turquoise cami ($8.00), turquoise over top ($1.00) and flirt skirt ($6.00)
Total: $15.00. Not sure I want to wear this in public, but I might on a weird day.



So, how about you? Any noteworthy fashion bargains this summer?

3 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

My fashion bargain of the summer was the neighbor with four daughters who decided that she needed to let me have first grab at her garage sale girls' clothes the day before the sale and not charge me anything. (I have three daughters.) But I don't think this counts so much as a fashion find as it does just an out and out blessing from God.

EnglundLit said...

I hope a "weird day" comes soon! That last outfit is precious on you, and entirely modest and appropriate. I followed the link from Jen's blog--I enjoyed my visit!

Organizing Mommy said...

Hey EnglundLit, sorry I could not access your profile or blog, but thank you so much. That last outfit makes my body look like a tube, and I plan to use that photo as my "before" photo, if you know what I mean. Thanks so much for your sweet comments though. I was hoping Jen would visit and say something good or bad, but she is too busy, I guess!! Thanks!