Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lazy Mom secrets..

After reading this, I'll have nothing over anyone. You'll know everything that I know. Even so much so that you can stop reading my blog (O.K. maybe not EVERYTHING, so maybe you should keep reading, just in case) But really.. I am pretty lazy and enjoy a cush life at the same time.

So without further ado....

1) Sleep in. That's right. Sleep in, atleast occasionally. The kids will learn everything that they CAN do without your help. They will learn to do all sorts of things that they never knew they could do. Kids ARE smart and capable. A three year old can make breakfast if needed.

2) Wake up slowly. Doodle around with a cup of coffee and a Bible reading. Hang out with the youngest child, cuddling and telling stories.

3) Stay in your pajamas. Why is everyone in such a hurry to get dressed these days? Seriously, this is summer already.

4) Make breakfast and linger around the table telling stories about your childhood or crazy memories of when Michael Jackson was popular. This will drive your kids insane--especially your teenagers, which will automatically make them retreat to their rooms.

5) Contemplate geting dressed but talk on the phone instead. You can start to pick up stuff around the house, since it's about 11:00 a.m. and things are looking grungy.

6) Tell the kids they have 10 minutes before you expect them to be on duty for a blitz.

7) Start lunch because kids who are old enough to work eventually want to eat.

8) Blitz with kids, making the house spotless. Get dressed before this, so you look official.

9) Eat lunch.

10) start dinner, take a nap, one last blitz before hubby gets home.

11) lather, rinse, repeat.

7 comments:

BarbaraLee said...

With me working outside the home now I have been getting up a little later then normal. I work 2nd shift. But my kids are older and they keep the house clean so it is easy for me not to worry about the cleaning. But I swear mom can only make pancakes around here.

Diane said...

I have the summer off and have been doing exactly what is on your list. I think you have to slow down sometimes and linger! I love the little blitzes that my daughter does too and it helps me around the house.
I like to do little blitzes for myself too. Thank you for your words.

Happy WAHM said...

We definitely take life at slower pace in the summer. Isn't that what summers are for? School will be in session before we know it and the madness will begin!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Wait. Wait. I don't see laundry on this list. Or weeding the garden. Or shopping. Or cleaning. When do you do all that? (Especially the laundry.)

Organizing Mommy said...

Well, I can not officially be a lazy mom ALL of the time, you know. But every once in a while it is a good thing to do, you know?

The Lazy Organizer said...

Ha! I feel like that too every once in a while.

Stephanie said...

Oh dear, I think I am being a lazy mom right this moment :)