Monday, July 13, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday: Garden update and sewing

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

The summer is in full bloom! It's not the hot and sticky July that it could be, and we're still getting to enjoy our garden without withering out there in the heat.
Can you say "black raspberry pie"??
The lillies are in full bloom also.

Looking down on the carrot patch..
tomato plants getting bigger...
pulled some beets today...
Also, I've been indulging in a little basement sewing.. a botch up jacket is turning into a backpack style bag.. I'm thinking about using this as a gift for my blue and brown swap--except there's uhh... not very much blue or brown in it..yet. Well, maybe that's O.K.

and the blue fabric.. is starting to morph into a retro style 80's dress. Top part is done..

I'll probably have to kick up my heels for a little square dancin' when I'm done. I'm going to feel like a real prairie woman in this outfit. It's a cross between a bathrobe I used to have and a "shirt dress" that I would like to have. Now to harness up a small waistline that goes so nicely with this look...

for more tackles, check out five minutes for Mom

3 comments:

Holly said...

WOW-beautiful sewing! Love the garden pics. Holly

darnold23 said...

Actually, I'm not a fancy cook at all. I just love trying new ideas and learned a long time ago that if you can read a recipe, you can make it. On the other hand, your sewing skills are very impressive! And, could you send over some of those beets. I love roasted beets - especially baby ones--in salads. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you can join me for Crock Pot Wednesdays beginning August 5.

Mrs. Parunak said...

Oh, those black raspberries look yummy! And I saw both blue and brown in that bag, so I think it ought to count.