Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blitz-It Friday # 22

Before I get going on planning for this weekend, I have to report on the progress in the dreaded dungeon! You remember this mess?

Well, what started out as a humble one hour blitz, turned out to be an all day blitz. I worked for a few hours by myself before I enlisted the troops in this adventure:
Moving the fridge and freezer closer to the entryway! I said I would deal with my many refrigerators, so I started with the one in the basement. Once they got moved, I was able to put all of the miscellaneous dressers in the back corner. Oh what fun this was! My dungeon is clean!! Oh, and Jamie has dubbed 2009 as "the year of the refrigerator"...
The bad part is that I still have an extra fridge in the garage and donations to list in freecycle. But I'm ready to plan for this weekend. And I can honestly say that having a planned weekend was so nice! I hope that someone will join me this week and link up!

So, what's going on this weekend?

Weekend focus: Music! Our oldest three are performing in a concert! If you click on Joanna's blog, she has a full size one!

Weekend Inspiration: Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!

Weekend Tasks:
1) O.K. I really am going to deal with my garage refrigerator! My sweet husband is going to be on duty Saturday morning to supervise the transition.

2) Surviving the heat! and making sure everyone stays hydrated. The work load will be lighter this weekend, since the kids have rehearsal on Friday and the performance on Saturday.

Weekend Food: Since I do my shopping on Fridays, I have a list made for this menu:

Friday: Grilled meat, baked potatoes, sugar snap peas/ salad
Saturday: chicken packets, salad, veggies
Sunday: calico beans
Monday: clean out the fridge soup/ (chicken soup)
Tuesday: chili
Wednesday: swamp dish
Thursday: moose, cucumber salad, sweet potatoes

Weekend Treats: I will probably do some sewing on my quilt.. sorry no pics, but I did make some progress on the quilt and the socks!


Hope your blitzing is going well.

New to blitzing? Here are some links to get you started:

Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Read about the: one hour blitz and staying focused.
Also, blitzing with kids is a blast if you are an airchair general.

Glad you could join us! Now you have MANY choices about using the blitz. You are welcome to do/ try any or all of them.... and so many photos to choose from!


3 comments:

Julie said...

Hope your blitzing is going well.
___________________
Julie

We do your Marketing for best sales

Tim, Allyson, Emahry, and Jonathan said...

I've missed participating in your blitzing recently. I've been so busy that I haven't had time to take pictures or type posts about all that I'm doing. Check out our big changes here.

I'm looking forward to linking up again once things settle down a little bit.

I love reading about your projects, keep up the great work of encouraging others to tackle the projects in their own lives.

Mrs. Parunak said...

Enjoy your kids' concert! That should be pretty cool!

And may the refrigerators be conquered.